Favourite people

I didn't have a wink of sleep last night, there was a strange wind which woke everything sleeping. Well except Dwight, that boy could sleep through anything.

I finally give up and crawl out of my sleeping bag, the pit was glowing gently, inviting me to come warm up. I open the cabin door and step out into the frosty woods.

My eyes widen in surprise as a see Claudette tending to the small flames, I didn't see her through the window.

She looks up as she sees me approaching, a small smile then back to the flames. I sit on a log to the left of her, we remaind silent, the only noise was the soft crackling of the flames.

"I saw you,"

I watch Claudette shocked as she poked at the fire with a thin metal rod. I open my mouth to respond but she cuts in.

"Kiss the killer I mean,"

A cold sweat arose. Oh no.

"Dont worry, I know it was to save Dwight."

I sigh in relief , she chuckles softly and re adjusts her glasses.

"That was stupid yet brave. You have my respect, I wouldn't have wanted Dwight to had died again."

I nod, I swear her normally dark skin was now a dark shade of red, was she blushing?

We sat in silence, till finally I broke it,

"Thanks,"

She glances at me confused,

"For believing I'm not working for the Entity."

"I never said that. I said I saw you kiss the killer."

"Oh,"

I watch my feet embarrassed for jumping into a conclusion. She starts laughing which stumps me completely,

"Wow (Y/N), I was just messing, I don't believe that crap that Meg spread around. As far as I know, it's gossip until I see it with my own eyes."

I chuckle,

"That's a good motive."

She beems at me, glad that I agreed.

"The Barriers coming down soon,"

I cough at her words,

"Pardon!?"

"There's a barrier that separates survivors and killer's from each other, I found it , a week ago?"

I frown, what did she mean it was coming down soon? How many other survivors knew about it?

"Every Friday the thirteenth the barriers at it weakest."

I break in a cold sweat yet again,

"And that next week, exactly seven days from now."

It's Friday today... I guess it explain why sometimes killer's wonder into our patch of land. It is literally a mass murder when one killer finds a way through. The Spirit teleported through the barrier on accident, it was the day I first came to this sick world, I was fucking confused. But I'd now been here for a year, and it hadn't happened since.

"Well, guess we're starting early."

I look at Claudette confused then I see black fog form at her feet.

We both jump as my cabin door bursts open,

"NOOOO, I DONT WANT TO,"

I chuckle as Dwight falls out of the wet wood door. He lays face down in the ground, the black mist crawling up his legs.

"I just wanna sleep,"

He sobs into the dirt,

"Good luck Dwight."

He looks up as scowls at me, Claudette walks over to the fallen Dwight,

"Come'on baby Dwight, it won't be too bad, probably The Nurse, she normally does it this early."

Dwight face plants the dirt once more,

"I hate this place."

I laugh as the two were now shoulder high in the smoke. Meg and Ace walk out from the other two cabins, groaning about being in the first game, again.

It was odd to have a trial this early, but not anything new. I hold my hand out for Dwight, he slowly grabs it, I heave him up and fall backwards when he stands up abruptly.

I lay on my back, Dwight on top of me, arm on each side, his glasses fall down his nose, his face burning red. I look to the side embarrassed,

"S-sorry,"

He says, I shy away as he slowly fades,

"Good luck,"

I mumble as he teloports away, Claudette's laughter ringing around the fire.

I stay laid down on the cool grass, as the camp slowly wakes up.

"You alright there?"

Nea say chuckling as she squated beside me. I sit up face still flushed,

"It's really cool down here!"

She butts out laughing and offers to help me up, I take up her offer and thank her once I was up.

"Come on the game starting soon,"

Feng called as she entered the main cabin, where the oldest survivors of this wretched place stayed. In that cabin was a old TV, we would always argue on who to follow/watch. We think the killer's too have a TV to watch the game. It was chaos when there was two trials going on at the same time.

I enter the well kept cabin, two of the survivors fighting to watch their partners, I knew Jake and Meg were a thing but I wasn't sure on Jane and Ace, probably not but they were still close.

We crowd around the small screen, bets being bet on who the killer was.

"Huntress!"

"No she played near the end yesterday."

"I think it'll be The Trapper,"

"Pfft yeah right."

I roll my eyes and seat myself to the left of the old television.

"It's the Shape!"

"Haha called it!"

People groan and say their sympathys to the unlucky participants.

"Glad I'm not Meg,"

"I don't anyone wants to be Meg."

I huff as they bicker and trade keys and torches over loseing their bets. This continues as the survivors got hooked and completed gens, cleanse totems and run from Michael.

"I hate Myers,"

David would say and he re applied fresh bandages.

"Pfft I'm pretty sure everyone does."

I grin at the blond girl, she appeared at the same time as Michael Myers, she said she knew him before they even entered this place, I think her name was Laurie Strode. She seemed nice, she brought a perk which allowed us to stab the killer's when they pick us up.

This game took longer than the usual game time, which ment the room finally grew silent as they were eager to see if they survive. A couple Swear as Ace got Moried and walked in through the door, looking shameful.

People groan at his loss, I remain silent as people start to talk again, eyes trained on Dwight as he slammed a pallet in the white masked stalker.

-
-
-