Chapter 36 °SERENE°

Seoyun's pov
Being seated in the classroom after being dragged to an unannounced date of me and not even leaving an excuse to the home room teacher beforehand was eating up my peace of mind, while my bestie who accompanied me is absent today and my Infinite classmates are so cool as if they never skipped the classes yesterday. When the bell rung indicating the class hours starts officially, and Dong saem entered the class, I felt so frightened and wanted to go hide under the table pretending that I never existed.

Sungyeol must've observed me being too tensed up that he tapped the desk with his index finger to gain my attention and said "Stop freaking out. Remember you were with us." I just nodded to him still not convinced and answered in a slightly shaky voice "Ne saem." raising my hand for the attendance.

She just looked at me nodding and continued with the attendance not even asking about my absence yesterday. Myungsoo tapped my shoulder from behind and said "How about you relax your muscles now madam?" Sungyeol looked at me scoffing and looked at saem when she spoke. She was saying us "Dear students, since this is the last day of your first semester, there will be no classes held. And I also want to add that you guys should take good care of your health since the winter season has begun and it may snow anytime soon. Ethura be healthy and energetic when you guys return to start your next semester after this 15 days of holidays. So that's it. Have fun without actually causing any troubles."

We all cooed "Kamsahamnida Saem!" to which she nodded with a smile and asked "That's it right? Did I miss out something?" Oh Naeun raised her hand saying "Saem you said that you would say the top 5 rankers of this semester today! Who are they saem?" Taeho from the back of her replied "No matter what, it wouldn't be you Naeun ah!" She shot back with "Look who is talking. The person in the first rank if we ranked the academic performance in descending order. Tch!!" I couldn't help but chuckle while the other students burst out laughing. Saem silenced the class and said "Ok now listen. The top 5 ranked students are :- Lee Sungjong as usual the class first, Lee Sungyeol, Park Seoyun, Yong Xiongwei, Nam Woohyun, Kim Myungsoo and Lee Howon being the rest."

I was happy to be listed in the top 5 rankers, but I was little bit confused upon hearing seven names being called while someone sighed out loud stating "As usual it's the Infinite!" Minhyuk loudly questioned "Saem! You actually said seven names for top 5 ranks." I looked at saem expecting a clear reply too and all she said was "Yes. Its because 2 sets of people secured the same rank. Its Sungyeol and Seoyun scoring second while Woohyun and Myungsoo securing fourth rank."

I blinked unable to digest my happiness all at once thinking 'I-I actually scored second rank? Appa did you hear that? I secured second rank in such a high standard school. Pa please bless me from above and also I miss you so bad at this moment pa.' I could feel my eyes getting watery while my finger grazed my dad's ring on my thumb. I looked at Sungyeol when he tapped my shoulder saying "Didn't you hear what Dong saem said? Get up!" I blankly nodded and stood up leaving way for him to go. He looked at me little confused while Myungsoo from my behind said "Go on. Didn't saem call us to the staff room to get our report card?"

Sungyeol's pov
Seoyun looked at Myungsoo as if he spoke some alien language and stood glued to the floor. I rolled my eyes and dragged her with me to the staff room. We got our report cards while the staffs were congratulating us. Dong saem handed Seoyun her marksheet saying "You really did good in your academics Park Seoyun! By the way why has Xiongwei called for an absence?" She obediently replied "She went to Taiwan to visit her grandma who is ill, saem." Saem nodded saying "Then tell her to collect the report card from me when she return back to Korea."

With that we greeted the teachers and walked out of the staff room. It was already recess and Myungsoo said "Guys am really hungry! Lets go grab some snacks." We all agreed while Seoyun excused "Am not coming. I still feel a little tired due to my cold. You guys go ahead, I'll head to the class." I nodded to her and saw her walking towards our class. Myungsoo from my behind stated "Sungyeol-ah! I'm happy that you don't torment her anymore."