Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Izzy's POV

I was suspicious of the boy ever since they arrived last night. 

He could not look at me in the eye and he continued to cover his face despite being inside the tent. When I asked his age and name, he would not respond. Omar did not mention that the boy was deaf or mute. 

Though I pitied him last night being so weak and tired, crawled in the corner of the tent and instantly went to sleep without eating dinner. He was so pale and skinny. 

Omar said that the boy was new in the palace. The boy volunteered when he needed someone to travel with him across the desert. He brought more food and water because he was thinking of staying longer. But it turned out he left at dawn without even saying goodbye. The worse part, leaving this boy with me. 

I continued my bath outside trying to come up a decision on what to do with this boy. I could not let him stay here with me. Damn Omar. This could be his wicked idea... or my father's. Leaving the boy here so I wouldn't have a choice but to take him back to the palace. 

But my mission here was done. I got what I came here for. The promise I made on my brother's grave to explore the desert and hunt for the greatest treasure that our ancestors failed to retrieve. The Black Heart diamond that was stolen from us centuries ago by a rival family. 

The hunt was not easy, too many obstacles I took before I got hold of the Black Heart Diamond. It was a secret mission in order not to awaken any political and personal interest from anyone within and outside the country.

Ali and I planned the expedition, and sadly, he was gone and I was alone to do it. 

His death crippled me. 

I took it so badly because he was really a good person-- my brother, motivator, who encouraged me not to lose hope when I was so sick. He told be to strong and believed in miracle when I was in so much pain. He was also my best friend. I could talk to him freely about anything. My dreams, hopes and plans. I confided to him all my problems, worries and disappointments. He would listen to anything, even to all my nonsense stuff. 

Why him? Why not me? 

Ali was the good person and I was the bad one. I had many vices, while Ali hadn't any. I got so sick and that was a wakeup call for me, to reform and change my bad ways. Ali, like a good samaritan helped me renewed my life. 

I almost lost my mind when I saw my brother covered with blood on the scene of the accident. It was like a nightmare that kept on haunting me. I promised to him that I would get the Black Heart Diamond because it mattered to him the most. 

Now that I got hold of it, I kept it for safety. Buried in the ground under the rugs, with the books, scrolls and documents above it. Who would ever thought that this boy found it! He must have some sort of sorcery to be able to locate where I hid it.

I was enraged with extreme anger when I saw him about to take the Black Heart Diamond. 

What the hell! 

As expected, he was an expert in martial arts. He defended my punches easily and got back at me in smooth moves. But when I got hold of him, I was surprised. I felt his soft body against mine. My suspicion was right when I grabbed his head cover and there, his black hair fell down softly in waves on his back.

He was a woman.

More surprises came up when finally I captured her. I imprisoned her with my arms and body pinning her on the mattress.