"It is hot," You told her. She nodded, proud of herself and pointed to the living room.

"Go," She told Ethan. Ethan raised his eyebrows, taking her to the living room anyway.

"Bossy, are we?"

---

"She's not eating the rest of it, babe," Ethan shouted to you, from the living room. You looked out to see Ethan holding the cantaloupe in the baby spoon out at Maddie, who just shook her head and ran off. He put the fruit back and stood up as she ran out to the foyer.

"It's almost time for lunch anyway, just leave it," You told him. He nodded and followed Maddie out of the living room.

"We don't need to go downstairs right now, princess, c'mon," You heard him say. You turned to see Ethan carrying Maddie into the kitchen. "Ask mommy what we're having for lunch," He told her, setting her on the counter. She kicked her feet and looked at you.

"What for lunch?" She asked you. You smiled and held up a piece of a steamed carrot.

"We're having carrots and chicken strips," You told her. She clapped and looked over at Ethan, who shoved a breaded chicken strip in his mouth. "That's for Mads," You said, slapping his arm. He rolled his eyes rubbing at where you hit and frowned at Maddie.

"Maddie wants to share with me, right princess?" He asked. Maddie shook her head and grinned. "You don't wanna share with daddy?" He asked her Maddie giggled. You laughed and put her food on her tiny plate.

"You want an egg too, love?" You asked her. She looked at the egg in your hand and nodded. You smiled, taking your hardboiled egg and placed it on her plate. She smiled and pointed at it. "It's your egg, honey," You said, handing Ethan her plate. She frowned.

"No no no no no," She said, pulling Ethan's arm away from you. You furrowed your eyebrows. "Mama's egg!" Maddie yelled pointing at it. You shook your head.

"Mama doesn't want it," You told her honestly. She looked at you for a moment and you nodded. She sighed loudly and Ethan chuckled.

"Time for lunch?" He asked her. Maddie nodded, raising her arms. Ethan held her plastic plate with one hand and lifted her in the other. Putting her in her highchair he put the plate in front of her. "You wanna eat by yourself?" Ethan asked her. Maddie frowned.

"You do it," She frowned. Ethan smiled, shaking his head. Maddie reached for his pocket and he sighed, pulling out his phone for her.

Ethan put on her favorite nursery rhyme video and sat it up for her to watch. As soon a she became occupied with the video, he began feeding her bits and pieces of her lunch.

"I can do it if you're hungry," You told Ethan. He shook his head, ripping up the baked chicken strip. "You sure?" You asked him. He nodded smiling at you.

"I'll eat with you later," He told you, feeding his daughter some more chicken. You smiled nodding.

"Make sure she eats all the carrots and chicken, if she doesn't eat the egg it's fine," You told him. Ethan nodded, ripping up the chicken strip with his large hands.

"Sheep!" Maddie yelled as she pointed to the screen. You smiled as Ethan checked it out. "Baa!" She started. Ethan chuckled, feeding her some more chicken.

"That's right, princess, sheep go-" But just then, Ethan's phone started ringing. Ethan picked it up as Maddie watched her video go. You sighed, taking your own phone out.

"Here you go, my love," You said. Ethan pouted at Maddie and stood up, answering the phone call.

"Grays at a meeting, I have to take it," Ethan told you. You smiled shaking your head. Ethan kissed you before handing you Maddies plate and walking out.