The break up?

El's POV

I was babysitting Stella. Mike had not come home. He had been acting so weird lately. Like soo weird. He got this way when we were 14. I was foolish enough to dump him. I would never do this again. I just wish I knew why he was acting so weird. What if he dumped me? What would I do? Were we gonna break up? I thought to myself while I was cleaning the apartment. I started to cry and Stella came rushing to me. "Ms Ellie are you ok?" I laughed and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine I just. Well it doesn't matter now." I said forcing a smile on my tear stained face. Mike was taking me to a carriage ride and the for a picnic in the woods. Yes it was weird to have a picnic in the woods but we thought it was romantic because surprisingly that's where we met. Would he go this far just to dump me at the end? I tried to tear my mind away from that thought. "Ok Stella your mom should be here any minute" so go grab your shoes from upstairs and I'll get you a bag of cookies." She ran upstairs. We had made cookies earlier. She loves cookies and I loved to cook. Mike didn't. That was one of the few things we didn't have in common. I loved to cook with Will and Dustin. Every Sunday we had a game day. We would take turns going to each other's houses making snacks and playing games. Everyone would come. Max, Will, Dustin and Mike and I. Lucas would sometimes join but he lived 5 hours away. Max lived pretty far at a distance of 2 hours away. But she came every Sunday because she had no friends  up where she lived. Over the years we all grew so close that when we all spilt apart it felt like death. We had become each other's family. I walked to the kitchen and got out a plastic bag. (Save the turtles SKSKSKS😂😂) I turned to the cookies on the counter and placed them inside. I heard the doorbell ring. It snapped me out of my trance. "Stella your moms here!" I yelled for her. I went to the door and opened it. "Veronica! Hi. Stella will be just a minute she's putting on her shoes." I laughed. I handed her the bag of cookies. "We made cookies. Here is some for her to take home." She laughed. She handed me money. Between the daycare and babysitting and Mikes part time job at the coffee shop we had enough money to pay rent, get groceries, and go out to eat and go shopping every now and then. We were not rich but we had all we needed by just being together. Stella came rushing down the stairs and we said our goodbyes. I finished cleaning in my dreadfully dirty apartment from the kid who always had to be busy. Don't get me wrong she was a sweet kid but she was messy. I checked the time. "Crap!" I had to get ready for tonight hoping what my mind kept circling wasn't true. He wouldn't d-dump me? Would he? I shook that out and got ready. I put on a blue dress. It was a 50's style dress but I didn't care. It was beautiful and I always loved their style. Mike didn't care what I wore. He thought I always looked pretty which was something I never thought. I ran to the bathroom and straightened my hair. It was only a little longer than it was when i was 14. With a few more added inches over the years making it a little past my shoulders. Over the years it grew darker too. Once I had it as straight as I wanted it I put it in a high ponytail. Now it was as if I was going to a costume party. I just laughed and loved my outfit hoping Mike would too.

El's Outfit: