6 - My Lo...

Janvi pov

Its been a month since I joined college. Every day i will face a new experience. Its good to be in our dream course.

My friends always come to me when they are in need and distance themselves when there are many peoples around us. I don't know why I am doing whatever they ask me.

'But they are in need so as a friend I should help them' I thought.

'So they are saints?' Asked my inner self

But another thing here is my friend's closeness to our senior Adith. I have been admiring him a lot nowadays from a distance.

I like when he smiles

I like it when he plays football.

I like it when he speaks arrogantly.

I like it when he fights with others.

I like when he brushes his fingers in his hair roughly. I want to do the same for him.

I like it when he smirks.

I like everything about him.

But he is now too close to my friends. Every day he goes with different girls in his car. I hate to admit but I feel hurt.

I haven't spoken to him after our first day but I feel bad.

My friends stick to him like a leech everywhere I see them. Whenever I am with them they talk about Adith and Rahul's whole time. It seems they are close. Of course, they are beautiful and he is handsome there is no mistake they are suitable for each other.

Not unlike me who is fat and ugly like my friends say.

They go on dates, clubs, parties, night stays...

He deserves the best so they are definitely suitable for him. All I can do is just watch him from distance. He never notices me but I always love to see him. This had become my daily routine to attend classes, go to the canteen to see him then attend classes and go home, refresh and go to the park, sneaking in the kitchen to cook and sleep.

_________________________________________

I am on my way towards the library to get some books as I am hell bored. There is a group of 7 or 8 boys sitting near the library. It seems like seniors. In front of them, 3 girls stood with their heads down.

"Come on girls dance," said one.

"Sorry we don't know how to dance," one of the girls said.

Ohhh ragging.

It's my cue to escape from here. To hell with the books. I turned and about to walk I was stopped by a voice calling me.

"Hey blue Kurti"

Me being stupid turned instead of running.

"Come here," a boy in a red t-shirt said.

I take my step towards them, my eyes caught familiar eyes in which I would like to drown in for eternity.

He stared at me. Now I am in front of them. Rahul, Adith, and Tarun who I know because he is with Adith during practice. I don't know the others.

The redshirt asked my name.

"Janvi"

"Department?" He asked in a rude tone.

"Civil" I too said in a rude tone like him.

Why should I be afraid of him?

"Is it a way to talk to your senior?" he asked.

"Is it a way to treat juniors?" I mocked him.