Ch. 6

- Rafael's POV -

Mad doesn't begin to cover it. Why doesn't she get it? When it comes to Leo, there is no peaceful resolve. No happy medium. Leo is a persistent little shit. I don't play around when it comes to my kitten and my butterfly. I guess she needs reminding of that. I take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. I dont want my daughter witnessing my anger. I open the door and see her asleep in our bed, cuddled up to Bowen. Esme strokes her fingers through Aurelia's hair when she feels my presence.

"Is he..." I stop her.

"Your son has until after your birthday. If you wish to see him, you do it far from this house. He is never to be around my daughter again. Do I make myself clear?" I stared at her.

"It's been five years Rafael. Please let it go. He's our blood, your family." She pleaded. "He's served his penance."

"Not even close." I leaned in, face to face. "Listen, Aunt Esme... blood or no blood, I dont play around when it comes to the safety of my wife and daughter. Your son put a hidden camera in our shower. He is not a child like Aurelia. He is a grown ass man who made a very stupid mistake that will cost him his life." I stopped and picked up Bowen, holding him as his head lay on my shoulder. "I will not stop you from seeing him, but if you dont wish to watch your son die, you better make sure he never steps foot near this house." I turned to see my kitten walking in. I head to the door. "You may hate me afterwards, I dont care. I love you Aunt Esme, but my wife and child come first." I walk out, heading down the hall into Mirella's room. I place Bowen next to her and cover him. Walking back out into the hall, my Aunt comes out of the doorway crying as she speed walks past me. I hate that she's hurting, but I understand why. She's going to lose her son, but my wife and my daughter come first no matter who it's against. I walk through the door and see my kitten trying to pick up Aurelia. "She stays there." The stern tone in my voice makes her stop.

"She doesnt need to see the fight that's about to happen." She tries to pick her up again, this time I grab her wrist and pull her around the bed, slamming her body into mine.

"That's why she's stays right where she is. I will not fight in front of her, so she sleeps with us tonight." I let her go. "Why didn't you immediately call me?" I calmly sat down on the edge of the bed, taking off my shoes.

"I had everything under control. I want him dead just as much as you do Rafael, but I wont kill him in front of our daughter or his mother. That's just cruel." She tried to grab me but in a flash, I take her down to the floor, immobilizing her with my body and pinning her hands beside her head. "What the..." I kissed her to stop her from screaming. She struggled against my hold but there was no way she was getting out of it. When I pulled away she stared at me.

"It only takes one second. One second and he could be on you like this or he could snatch up our daughter. He is unpredictable and more than unstable. Need I remind you, the sick fuck put a camera in our shower. I wouldnt put anything past him anymore. There's no telling how far he's willing to go. That threat he made to you the day he left, was not to be taken lightly. He meant what he said and him finally having the balls to show his face to me, means he's ready to go down swinging.... and I will gladly oblige him." I let her go and stand up, taking off my shirt and crawling into bed. I pick up my butterfly and gently lay her on my chest. She wiggled and twitched as she snuggled against me. She let out a deep breath and settled back down. This was the only way to get her to sleep when she was a baby. Isa got jealous because she wouldn't fall asleep for her. Only me. "We will finish this talk tomorrow. Right now I want to sleep and I want you in my arms." She stood there motionless. "Go get comfortable and get in bed. Don't make me repeat myself kitten." She nodded and walked off to the closet. She came back out with one of my old t-shirts and a pair of my boxers. She crawled into bed but layed too far away for my liking. I sighed in frustration trying to stop the deep growl I felt rumbling in my chest from escaping. "Closer." I whisper growled through gritted teeth. She started to move and as soon as she was withing grabbing distance, I yanked her, putting her body against my side, her head laying on my arm.