Dear Auntie - A True Epistolary Horror Story

Dear Auntie,

Thank you for the wonderful dollhouse!

I've been having so much fun with Guddi and Guriya. They're both fighting because they both want to marry Zakir. But I told them to play nice.

Mummy and Daddy didn't mind you didn't send anything for them. I don't understand how anyone can be ok just getting a letter and no toys.

Rollu wasn't very happy getting your car set. He's always crying, I've started calling him "Rotlu", you know, a crybaby!

I wanted to play cars with him so he would want to be happier, but mummy made me go away. I think she thinks cars aren't for girls.

From Zafee

.

.

Dear Auntie,

I'm so excited you're coming to visit again! Daddy used to tell me you were so busy that you didn't have time to see even family, but you seem to have time for us. Thank you so much.

I hope you play with me more this time than last; you were with Rollu the whole time. Mummy says he likes you too much for you to stay away too long, so I told mummy I would act like Rollu.

Mummy suddenly started hiding her face and told me to go away.

.

.

Dear Auntie,

Zakir is missing! He was there one day and gone the next. Everyone looked for him. Guddi and Guriya will be so sad to find out he's gone.

I was crying all morning because mummy and daddy didn't care Zakir was gone. I kept telling them, and they just told me I forgot where I kept him.

I knew I shouldn't have told them Rollu had secretly been playing with them with me the day before. Because mummy and daddy suddenly stopped not caring.

I found Rollu - now Rotlu - crying outside my room; he said sorry and then ran away. I didn't understand what happened.

.

.

Dear Auntie,

Zakir is back.

I'm not very excited, because Guddi and Guriya aren't interested in him anymore.

He was a lot more handsome when he had both his hands.

.

.

Dear Auntie,

I hate you!

You came and didn't spend any time with me. All you did was be shut in the room with mummy and daddy.

Now, you took Rollu away from me.

What will I do without him?

.

.

Dear Auntie,

Thank you for the new toy house and dolls. After what happened with Zakir I didn't want to look at him anymore. Guddi and Guriya are missing, but I don't care. 

Mummy told me Rollu hasn't been crying with you. I think he didn't like being Rotlu all the time. I hope he stays happy so he can come back here. I miss my brother.

.

.

Dear Auntie,

Mummy said for me to say sorry for Rotlu, but I don't know why I should be sorry for what happened. How could I know he would put that dead rat in your postbox?