4

Five years ago

He was laid out in the middle of your floor watching the ceiling fan spin and whirl. It wasn't alarming to you as you walked in seeing him there, it was his favorite spot he said it helped with his writers block and you just let him have that. "Can't write" you say as you softly close the door alerting him that you were in the room "I wasn't trying to" be said softly and continued to watch the fan spin and spin.

You laid down next to him starring at the ceiling and breathing softly to match his rhythm "why do you like this so much it's making me dizzy" you said closing your eyes "it makes me feel peaceful, especially when you're not here" you felt your heart skip as you heard those words "well I'm here now" you said and felt him hold your hand. He always did that, he was always holding your hand always doing things that made you not understand the way you felt about him.

You had been best friends since you moved here and you knew it was cliche to have feelings for him but you loved the way he was. The way he spoke. The way he breathed. The way he rapped. You wanted moments like this to last forever.

"The company called me back...... we have a year". You're heart broke at those words and you opened your eyes looking at the ceiling trying to feel at peace with the storm that had just started in your mind.