2nd book My Vampire X-Boyfriend chapt. 11

Chapter eleven

Dana's P.O.V.  

I guess you could call what I was doing, spying. But it wasn't for MY sake(at least that's what I tell myself), I was just looking out for Joscelyn. I had no idea what it meant when Alec told me that he would go home with Joscelyn after school.  

I was also a bit confused as to where he lived. Did he have a house near here? I doubt it. And there wasn't any apartments close by. Where would he take her?  

Maybe it was a mistake to bring Georgia and Ali with me...but, it couldn't possibly get dangerous...  

"This is soooo James Bond." Ali said in a whispered tone. We were waiting outside the school, behind the pool building, where presumably Alec and Joscelyn would walk home.  

"More like Charlie's Angels." Georgia added. She croached down into the dirt, and we were prepared to wait there for a while.  

"Only there are two brunettes." I smiled a bit.  

Georgia shrugged, and took out her phone. "Tom's being stupid." She began texting furiously.  

"What's the dumbass doing now?" Ali interjected.  

"He's whining about yearbook club. He wishes he was with us."  

I snorted, and they both turned to me with quizzical expressions. "Please," I rolled my eyes, "He wants to be with YOU." I said looking directly at Georgia. "He hates Ali, and is afraid of me."  

Ali snickered, and tried to focus on the doors where Alec and Joscelyn might come out.  

"No he doesn't."  

"Oh, yes he does."  

"Whatever." Georgia flicked her curly blond hair over one shoulder.  

It was silent for a moment, a rarity with my friends, but of course Ali had to break it. "How come we're not doing some cool vampire spying, and not some regular old human spying?"  

"Love you're wording."  

"Seriously, Dana!"  

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are too delicate."  

"You did NOT call me delicate." Ali glared, and Georgia nodded.  

"For a vampire, you are. So deal with it." I turned around, croached, signalling the end of our conversation.  

We didn't have to wait long before I saw Alec and Joscelyn strolling down the path, headed are way. I sprang up, and pushed my friends behind the building completly.  

We watched as Alec turned left, the exact direction of my street. We all three exchanged worried glanced and started to follow them.  

If Alec knew we were tailing him, he didn't seem bothered by the fact. Almost as if he didn't care what people did with him.  

They turned right, a block before my house. I sighed in relief, but I don't know why.  

I watched, a block away, as Alec and Joscelyn walked up the steps towards a modern looking house, shaped like a square, with almost silver shingles arched all up and down the sides. It had light, open, bay windows. Not exactly a good feature for a vampire in a crowded neighbourhood.  

We crept a block up and kept our distance from behind a neighbouring house's tree. I searched for an open window so I could focus on hearing them talk. I found one in the bathroom.  

"You're house is...amazing." Joscelyn said in her quiet, and childish voice.  

"Thanks." That was Alec.