Chapter 7

Hayden^^^

Kia

As I wake up, I feel a truckload of emotions crash into me. The events of last night crept back into my head. I start to tear up at the thought.

My head hurt so bad. Face felt sticky. I didn't wanna get out of bed. Speaking of someone is in my bed. I look to the side to see Kai's hair all over my pillow. It's just him. I cuddle into his chest wanting to go back to sleep. After a few seconds of just laying there, I realize how I feel, physically. My head was pounding from crying so much and I felt nauseous.

I feel horrible. In more ways then one.

I kept my cries silent so I wouldn't wake him but that failed.

"How ya feeling?" He whispered. "Everything hurts so bad." I said. "I'm so tired." "I talked to them last night. Well, yelled." "I can't do thisT anymore Kai, I. It's so exhausting trying to do everything perfectly."

"What do you want to do? It's time for you to decide." "I don't know. I really don't."

We just laid there for a while. We didn't even bother with school.

***************

It was around noon when I woke up. I wasn't feeling any better but I was hungry. I went downstairs and ate some crackers.

Soon I heard footsteps. I didn't think much of it because I thought it was Kai but I was wrong.

It was Jason.

At the sight of him, I tensed up. Without making eye contact I attempted to walk by him but he grabbed my arm pulling me back. "Why aren't you at school?" He asks me. That's the first thing he says to me? Funny. Real funny.

"Let go." I said quietly. "No, answer the question." "I said let go." "Do you want to use your last strike?"
"At this point, I couldn't care." "What has gotten into you?" "We maybe if anyone had shown up last night, I wouldn't be like this." "Whats the big deal Kia? It's one night." "Not a big deal? That's been tradition for years. And all of a sudden you don't care?" "It's never been a big deal. We only do it because you enjoy it so much."

I froze as these words sunk in.

"So you're saying that none of you would do this if it wasn't for me? That's what your saying." "Yea. It was fun when we were little but it's getting old."

Well that....

that just took away any last drops of hope I had.

I shrugged my arm away from his grip and walked away.

I packed a bag with things I'll need for the next few days.

I then wrote a note to Kai explaining what I'm doing.

Dear Kai-Monroe,

I love you. You need to know that when reading this. While you slept, Jason shared some very troubling words that made me lose apart of myself. He openly admitted that he and the others stopped caring for family night years ago but continued for my sake. I guess your words didn't hit close enough to home. I'm going away. Don't ask, I don't know where yet but I need to get away. Theses last few weeks have had me thinking. I'm my own person and I set my own rules, not the boys. And with the way they've been treating me isn't right. It isn't a way to live. I feel like I'm suffocating here. It feels like I have no opinion to what goes on. I'm tired. I'm really really tired. I know this is a selfish thing to do if me because you've been there for me through it all. But I'll be back soon enough. I'll be here to talk whenever you need.

Your twin, Kia-Marie.

I love you

When I finished I folded it in half and put it on my nightstand. I kissed Kai's head and walked out.

I quietly left the house without gaining Jason's attention.

I got in my car and started driving.

I was actually doing this.

Kai

I opened my eyes to be met with a empty bed. Where is she?

I sat up to get my phone but saw a piece of paper next to it.

I picked it up and it was a note from Kia.

After reading it, my face was wet. She's gone. She left. She left me.

Sobs were wrecking my body. I understand why she left. And it's their fault.

What I was feeling couldn't be put into words. I just want Kia.

Jeremiah

I came home with Logan and Hayden with food. When I walked in I heard muffled cries from upstairs. Must be one of the twins.

"Who's crying?" I asked Jason who   in the living room. "Kia. She
didn't go to school today and when I told her off about last night." "That's not Kia. Her car is gone." Logan said. "How is she gone. I've been here all day." Jason are said. "Well let's go check." We all went upstairs and narrowed the sound to Kias room. "See it's Kia." We knocked just Incase.

Knock knock

"GO TO HELL!" It was Kai. I gave a look to the others. I slowly open the door to see Kai crying on the bed. "What's wrong and where's your sister?" "She's gone. She fucking left." "What do you mean, she's gone?" "She left. She packed and left. You know Jason, if you'd just kept your mouth shut, she's still be here." "Where is she Kai?" "I don't know. She didn't say. We were asleep and when I woke up she was gone. She left me a note." "Let me see." He handed the note to me and I read it. "What the fuck did you say to her, Jason?!" I snapped. "What? I only said what we were all thinking." "How did you say it?" "I flat out told her that we only did family night for her and it was getting old." "So what I said last night meant nothing to. You do realize that she's not coming back. Cause when she puts her mind to something, she's going to do it till it's finished." Kai said. I sighed deeply.

"We'll just track her phone then." He said. "No, she took that out after you caught her at the fair with Maya." I grunted. "Jason, a word." I walked into the hallway. "You said we would do this as a group. You promised to wait." "I wasn't going to ignore her Jere!" "You should've waited. If you did, she would still be here!" "So your blaming this on me?" "Yes. I am. I know your in charge here but you need to take a step back. We can't let another one go. If Kia doesn't come back, Kai will go after her, then Logan , Hayden and eventually me. That doesn't need to happen." He shook his head and walked away.

Well damn.