Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Trent

Violet looked scared. I mean, really, really, scared. At every sound, she jumped. She was close to hyperventilating. She had lost too much blood in that cell and Izzabela was going to pay for it.

"Trent?" Violet whispered. Her voice was dry and raspy.

"Yeah?"

"Why did I fall for her trick?" She studied her shoes, afraid to look at me.

I sighed, "Vi, I don't know. She could have done this a number of ways, but she chose to get to me by using you."

She kept on staring at her feet. She really did feel bad about falling for Izzabela's trap. It was all over her face. "Don't worry, Vi, I'm not mad at you."

"Yeah, but what if you were?"

"I'd be mad later, because right now there are more important things to worry about."

"You're always so reasonable," she said, "It can get annoying."

"That sounds like the Violet I know and love."

She smiled at me.

Violet

"That sounds like the Violet I know and love," Trent laughed quietly.

I smiled at him.

"We need to hurry though, before Izzabela wakes up and realizes you're gone." He looked around. I was too weak to run, so what would we do. Trent thought for a split second, then said, "Get on my back."

"What the heck, Trent!"

He raised an eyebrow, "Just do it before I have to force you to."

I sighed and climbed on his back. "Happy?"

Pheonix

Landon just ignored what I said. He was in too much shock to register it. "C'mon," he said, "We have to keep moving."

He helped me up and we began to walk towards the castle. "Halt!" A guard yelled, jumping out from behind a tree. Three others followed. We were screwed. "Now, stand back to back."

Landon raised his hands, getting ready to kill the four guards. "No," the leader said, "We cannot be killed. Then, his eyes turned red and he grew wings. What the heck? "Don't be alarmed, little girl," he said.

"Don't worry about that!" I spat at him. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, signs at just how mad Trent must've been. And, of course, me, too.

Two of the men feel to the ground. "I told you not to kill them!" Izzabela's voice roared. I blinked. Why doesn't she want me dead? What about Landon?

I couldn't control myself as I said, "Why don't you want us dead?"

Izzabela's eyes traveled over to meet mine. She strode over and got right up in my face, "You're... valuable," she breathed, taking a strand of my hair and curling it around her finger, "If you were on my side, you'd have... everything."

I whispered back, "I don't want to be on your side."

"You should."

"No."

"You'll regret this..."

"I swear I won't."

I'm sorry that this is short, but I'll post soon!

~goddessoflife~