➸ DRUNKEN TALKS

By the time the God of Thunder finished the story about Hela and Surtur including their time on Sakaar, he has at least downed 10 large mugs of ale and was now on his 11th. That amount was no joke since the mug was at least as tall as his arm and as wide as 7 inches. It had been a while since he drank that much and he had to admit he missed it. Though the Vanir preferred their wine much more, the three royals still decided to join the god in drinking and it wasn't a bad idea since it helped them process much of it. 

"And then we thought we could somehow rebuild Asgard." Thor slurred as he used big hand gestures, "But the foundation exploded too so nope." 

The ale was slowly taking effect on the god but he was still managing to make sense. The three of them only had 2 mugs or so while casually taking a sip from their goblet.  They thought about stopping the Thunderer but realized that he needed this after everything he's been through. 

Njord sighed the moment his grandson finished his story, "I told Odin to tell you both sooner. We knew Hela would overpower him and he knew that too. I don't know why he had to keep it."

Thor shrugged, "Even if he did it was still prophecized. We would have to face her and lose Asgard as well." 

"But you could have defeated her without Surtr or even kill him before he destroyed most of it." King Freyr pointed out that made the god look at him as if he was joking, "It was him who caused most of the damage, yes?" 

The Thunderer nodded before taking another sip from his mug and burping in the process, "Yes, he plunged his sword deep in Asgard and swoosh. The realm eternal was not so eternal as we thought." 

"Had Odin severed the bind on Loki then he could have taken Hela. He could draw her power and match her in seidr as you helped him. The odds would be in you and your brother's favor." The king explained as the god began to understand it, "Or if Loki had cut the bind between Asgard and your sister then you would have no need of releasing Surtr at all. The Golden Kingdom would still be damaged but not far beyond repair." 

The Thunder God suddenly zoned out and realized all this, how it was all possible. Why hadn't he thought of that? Well, maybe because their Father lied again making their life a living hell. For those to work, they would have needed Loki's full power which they knew nothing about when it all happened. He thought about how the All-Father could have told them before he turned into golden dust instead of saying sorry and doing nothing about it at all. Did he really want them to suffer? 

"Another!"

He downed his 11th mug and slammed it on the table as the servant carefully came forward to refill it but halted when Njord raised his hands to make him stop. He eyed his grandson carefully and saw his wasted state that only made him sigh. He looked at the servant once again and shook his head indicating that the Thunderer has had enough. 

"I think it's time for you to rest, grandson." Njord uttered calmly 

Thor scrunched his eyebrows and shook his head, "No! I am fine, grandfather." 

The three Vanir royals watched as the Asgardian's head lolled side to side. His eyes kept rolling back as he tried his best to keep it open. They all glanced at each other and sighed knowing that they were thinking of the same thing. 

It was hard to believe that the small boy who used to smash everything while playing was now a king. They remembered shaking their heads at his misplaced arrogance and total belief in his father, thinking how Odin was the wisest and purest amongst everyone. Yet now, here he is, wasted and in deep hate of his father's lies. 

"You've had enough drinks, Thor." The Vanir King firmly told him motioning to the broken mugs on the ground, "You need rest. We'll take care of what needs to be taken care of while you do."