[Love and Tears] part 12.

Start from the beginning

I could see Joe blushing then, at the memory. I had remembered how we had met... me almost getting squashed.

"I er... I sat on her." He replied, looking down to the floor.

Rebecca shot him a look. "You what?! Not again, Joe!" Again? He'd done it before?

"I said I was sorry. Didn't I, Callie?" I nodded my head in agreement. Rebecca didn't even look up at my vigerous nod.

"Still Joe. I've told you to look before you sit! This is like your third time this week." She said. I watched in amusement, I didn't know Rebecca was like this.

"That's a slightexaggeration. I only come to the hospital four times a week and I'm pretty sure this was my first time this week." Only four times a week? How was that only?

"Joe, I can see you lying. The point is you need to look. You don't want to kill an-" Joe silenced her.

Kill 'an' what!? I figured I would investigate into that later, but not right now.

"Joe Brady?" The nurse clutching her clip-board called.

"That's me." He replied, flashing a smile onto his face. He struggled to get up out of the chair, and he released a loud cry when he finally got back onto his feet. I watched as I screwed my face up. I watched him enter the room, just about able to fit into the door. I released a small giggle as he almost got stuck. Rebecca glared at me and my face instantly turned emotionless.

Me and Rebecca alone. Great.

She shuffled seats to get as near as me as possible. I frowned. My plan was not to look her in the eyes.

"Look at me." She demanded. So when her brother had gone, that's when the mother-like personality vanished and her evil maniac one reappeared. I was beginning to suspect a split personality? I didn't want anargumentto form so I did as she said. I couldn't help but notice her green eyes brighten up her face. That was my plan out of the window.

"You look... different." I commented.

"Shut up. Just don't tell anyone about this and your secret's safe with me." Wohoo! Result!

"Fair enough." I said, trying to hide my smirk.

"I don't really like Jay, anyway." She said. What was the need for that comment?

"Huh?" I said, slightly confused.

"Jay? Your secret?"

"What about it?" I asked. She laughed at my ignorance and looked me. She frowned when she noticed I was completely serious.

"The secret?" She responded with irritation. "You was skipping class with Jay?" That was it? That was the big secret?! Jay was right, she didn't know. I suddenly smirked as I had something over her.

"What?" She asked, staring at me.

"You don't have a Mum?" I questioned, changing the subject. Her face grew angry.

"How did you know that!" She demanded.

"Your brother." I replied, simply. She clenched a fist then unclenched it.

"He can be a right chatterbox sometimes." She told me. I nodded.

I added, "And your Dad's in rehab."

She shot another look at me. This time she didn't even say anything. She just nodded and stared at the floor,embarrassmentfilled her face. I gently rubbed her back. Were me and Rebecca getting along?

"That's OK. No-one else will know." I assured her.

"Unless Joe tells anyone else." She giggled. I smiled at her and almost felt...sorry for her? I shook the thought out of my head, removing my hand from her back. She was a mental bitch. Why should I feel sorry for her?