chapter twenty six - your perspective

I snuggle into Ruel's bare chest, my fingers tracing the small creases of his abs. His arms are wrapped around my bare waist. Tonight has been incredible, and I really don't want to go to sleep but I am exhausted.
"So, girlfriend, huh?" I tease, referring to the concert.
"I'm sorry. I keep messing up. I don't deserve you. I totally should have checked with you. But I just put you on the spot. You mightn't even want to be my-"
"Ruel," I say, cutting him off, "That's ridiculous. Of course I want to be your girlfriend. You need to stop putting yourself down, babe! I don't know what's going to happen, when you have to go back to Sydney and all... but I do know that I will do anything to always be able to call you my boyfriend. So we will make it work. I promise."

I wake up in Ruel's embrace. He is still asleep. God he looks so freaking cute sleeping. His mouth is open a little bit, and his curtains are slightly tangled. I reach for my phone on my bedside table to take a picture of him, and set it as my wallpaper. A few minutes later his eyes flicker open.
"Morning baby," I say, stroking his hair.
"Good morning Leo," he replies happily, yawning and stretching, then hugging me tightly, burying his head in my stomach as he yawns again.
"Did I wake you?" I ask cautiously.
"No," he answers.
"What time is your flight?"
"Three. So I need to be at the airport at about one. What are your plans for the day?"
"I don't have work today, so I'm completely free, and I want to spend every second I can with you."
"And I want to spend every second I can with you," he smiles, and intertwines our pinky fingers together. I squeeze his pinky back, desperately trying to savour the moment. A few seconds later, I sigh, "But what are we going to do, Ruel?"
"I don't know. Please don't worry about it babe."
"How can I not worry about it? It's already-" I pause to check the time on my phone, "Nine!"
"You're right, I'm sorry."
"Seriously, what are we going to do?" I say, not bothering to hide my stress in my voice.
"I think I have an idea."

I feel slightly tired from the flight, but when we get into the sleek black limousine that feeling quickly disappears. It's so fancy, there's a mini bar on one side and a long leather couch on the other. Bright navy blue and purple fluorescent lights line the roof, but apart from that and a couple of television screens, it's quite dark.
"Wow," I whisper, not wanting my words to damage the delicate perfection.
"Only the best for you, my love," Ruel replies, taking my hand and kissing it.
"Remind me how the fuck I got so lucky?" I say, smiling uncontrollably.
"Pardon? Oh, you were asking how I got so lucky?" He jokes, and I giggle.
"I love you Ruel," I say, without even realising it. His face lights up, his perfect eyes sparkling and his cheeks turning light pink.
"I love you too Leo."
I can't help it. I lean closer to him, kissing him deeply. He's so irresistible. His fingers drift dreamily through my hair. I slowly break away, and his hot breath lingers on my face, and I stare at his lips. His perfect lips. His perfect lips that I am still in love with. His perfect lips that I am still in love with that I never want to live without.