Chapter 3 - Best Friend

Amanda Estelle

I took a bus to go to school and I kept thinking about my grandfather's words. I can't believe my father is agreeing to this, this is ridiculous. The great Elliot Estelle told me to pick what college or university and he will give me all his inheritance when I turn 25.

I can't believe this.

I walked to school and went straight to my Biology class. I sat down at the front since the back of the class belongs to the cool kids. At school, I'm just a lonely girl. I don't have any friends and they don't even want to be my friend. Everyone in this entire school knew that I'm the granddaughter of Elliot Estelle but he disowned my father for not wanting to take over the business.

They bullied me sometimes for it and not to mention that I'm the smartest kid in the class. They bullied me to give a free tutoring after school. They're mean people.

The bell rang and all the students ran into their classes. The teacher walked into the classroom with a tall boy with nerd glasses tailing behind him.

"Good morning everyone, we have a new student here. Please introduce yourself.." Mr. Melton said.

"I'm Logan Christian, I'm from Denmark. My parents moved here so I decided to come along. I'm a little bit weird and crazy." He said in a creepy way as he scanned the whole class. I chuckled at his statement and he turned to me raising his eyebrows.

"You may sit there.." Mr. Melton pointed at the empty seat beside me. He sat down and he looked at me smiling.

"You and I going to be bestfriends." He said as he put his hand in front of me. I took his hand and smiled nodding.

"Amanda Estelle." I said and he nodded.

"Logan Christian." He introduced himself again. Mr. Melton started the class and I looked at Logan who was busy taking his book out. I'm glad that he doesn't know who I am because I'm sick of people calling me 'the poor Estelle'.

"Is he nice?" Logan asked.

"Quite nice.. why?"

"Biology is not fun." He said but he turned his attention to Mr. Melton after that. We listened to Mr. Melton for a good 2 hours until we have to go to another class. I got up from my seat and put my books into my bag.

"What's your next class?" Logan asked and I looked up to him. Logan is so tall that I have to look up to make an eye contact with him.

"I have Math, how about you?"

"Show me your schedule." He said and I took out my journal. I opened my schedule and gave it to him. He took a picture of it and he gave my journal back.

"I don't have a fix schedule yet but I guess you and I will stuck together." He smiled at me and I looked at him disbelief.

"Logan.. I don't think it's a good idea to have the same schedule with me." I said because I bet people will talk. People loves new gossip and I know they will talk about me and Logan sooner or later. The new kid is hanging out with the poor Estelle.

"Why?" He asked as he put his phone into his pocket.

"Poor Estelle, you got a new friend now?" Patricia teased me as she put her arm around my shoulder. She looked at Logan and she smiled at him.

"You're cute, do you want to hangout with us?" Patricia asked and I'm positive that he will say yes because who doesn't want to hangout with Patricia? She's the hottest girl in school.

"Nope, I'm poor and weird so I will hangout with another poor and weird people." Logan said and my jaw dropped.

"Fine by me.. bye weirdos." Patricia left and I looked at Logan disbelief.

"We're going to be bestfriends, Mandy." My eyes widen when he called me Mandy.

"Mandy? It's Amanda.." I said and he chuckled.

"Well.. I'll call you Mandy and only I can call you that." He said and he ruffled my hair making my stomach crunch feeling the butterflies fly around.

"My father calls me Mandy. Amanda.. you have to call me Amanda." I said as I followed him out from the classroom.

"So.. where's the Math classroom?" He asked and I pointed at the stairs.

"Let's go upstairs then." He said and he gestured me to go first. It was so weird for me to have a friend to talk to. I usually go anywhere by myself. Not to mention that Logan is cute.

I lead the way to our Math classroom and I picked the same seat as earlier. Logan sat beside me again. He took out his phone and put it in front of my face.

"Put your number here." He said and I took his phone from his hand to type my number. I gave it back to him and I felt my phone vibrates.

"That's my number." He said and I took my phone out from my inner blazer to type save his number.

"So Mandy, what's for lunch?" He asked and I can't believe he ask that when lunch is still 2 hours away.

"I don't know, maybe it's just a chicken sandwich and milk." I shrugged but I realized I responded to him calling me Mandy.

"Hey! Don't call me Mandy.." I said and he smiled to me.

"Why? Mandy is cute. So you can recognize that it's me or your father who's calling you." He said as he winked at me. I gulped nervously and turned my head to the wall beside me. I cursed under my breath because he's making my butterflies go crazy.

"Only your father and me who can call you that. I think Mandy is a special nickname so don't let other people call you that except us, okay?" He added and I turned to him disbelief.

"Aren't you too friendly on your first day at school?"

"I'm only friendly to you, Mandy. Is that a crime?" He smirked.

"Why did you pick me? There's a lot of people that you can be friends with in this school. You can be friends with Patricia too." I said because I still find this really weird.

"You look lonely.. and you took the front seat. It means you're nerdy, weird and lonely." I can't believe he said that to my face.

"Morning people.." The teacher went into the classroom before I get the chance to protest about his statement.