𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. "𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲"

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
❝ 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺 ❞

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

THE SOFT, FLUFFINESS of the Lovesac Ivy was lounging on felt like heaven to her. The time was around two in the morning, and she knew she should probably be asleep in her bed since she had just endured an extra long, but also very exciting, session in the music studio. However, instead, she was at David's house.

It was a quick and impulsive decision she made a few minutes after getting out of the studio once she saw the slew of texts that she had gotten from the dark haired boy that was asking her to come over to his place because he was bored and wanted to talk to her. Ivy replied to him with a text that said she would come, and about thirty minutes later she was at his house.

Her attention was currently focused toward the living room's television as she mindlessly ran a hand through David's hair since his head was laying in her lap. This position that they were in could easily look not so innocent to anyone from the outside looking in, however to them it wasn't like that at all. They may look like two people that have romantics feelings for each other, but it was actually the exact opposite.

Ivy's gaze shifted from looking at the television that was playing a random episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, to David, who she could see was slowly starting to fall asleep. "I'm guessing you had a pretty long day too."

David rubbed his eyes for a brief moment and then sat up from the position he was in with his head on Ivy's lap, shifting around a bit so that they were both situated nicely on the Lovesac. "Yeah, Jack set up so many interviews for me today, so it was just nonstop running around and talking to so many people. And also being asked about Liza and I's relationship a lot too."

Ivy could see the exasperated expression on his face as he said his last statement, so she gave his shoulder a consoling pat before saying, "Shit, that really sucks."

"Yeah, it does," David responded with a nod of his head. "And it's just kinda annoying that me and her haven't even talked about when and how we're gonna tell people that it's over between us. So, right now it's really awkward having to lie and basically fake that everything is okay with us."

"I'm sorry," Ivy said to him softly. She wished that there was more she could say and do to really show how badly she felt for him, but she also didn't want to possibly say the wrong thing. So, she just stayed quiet and continued to consolingly rub David's shoulder, hoping that, that would be enough to show how much she cared.

Things were comfortably quiet for a long moment until David looked over at Ivy, whose attention was back on the television but wasn't really watching it. "But, in less depressing news, your song comes out in, like, six days. Can you finally let me listen to it?"

Ivy's response came almost immediately. "No fucking way."

As far as she knew, David had never heard her music and she definitely did not want to be there as he did hear it for the first time. It wasn't that she thought he would judge her and her singing, but she just always felt awkward anytime she was with someone as they heard her songs for the first time. Especially, her older stuff, which even she would call cringey, since she had made those handful of bad songs before she really discovered what kind of music she liked to make.

"Please," David said, turning to look at her with a pout on his face.

Another shake of the head was Ivy's quick response. "You'll hear it in six days when it comes out and I'm not here with you while you listen to it."

"Oh, now I know why you don't want me to listen to the song now," David said, a prominent smirk now on his face. "It's because it's obviously about me."

The raven haired girl immediately started laughing once she heard David's statement. "It's not at all about you. Sorry to disappoint. I met like you a month and a half ago and I've been working on this song for, like, six."

David's eyes widened a bit in surprise. "Holy shit, wow, that's a really long time."

"Yeah, I really wanted to make sure that it was perfect, so almost every time we thought the song was done, there was something else that I wanted to add to it," Ivy explained, to which David nodded his head understandingly. "But anyway, I'll put writing a song about you on my agenda. I already have an idea for it. It'll be called vlogger boy and its beat will be the same as "Sk8r Boy" by Avril Lavigne."

David smiled at that. "That song sounds amazing already. It will immediately be on the top of the Billboard charts."

Ivy laughed again as she imagined that actually happening, which she knew would be the weirdest and funniest thing.

"But, what's the actual reason you don't want me to listen to your song right now?" David asked after joining in Ivy's laughter for a bit.

"Because you've never listened to any of my other stuff before and it's so awkward to me being around someone as they listen to me for the first time. Especially, some of the first songs I made, which are actual fucking trash," Ivy explained to him.

"Well, now you've made me really curious to hear all of your music, so," The dark haired boy didn't finish his statement and instead reached into the pocket of the hoodie he was wearing, pulling out his phone and immediately going to Apple Music.

Ivy quickly caught on to what he was doing and started to get up from the Lovesac. "Nope, nope, nope. I'm leaving right now."

She covered her ears once she heard David start playing one of her songs, continuing to make her way toward the door. "Ew, that's probably the worst one."

"It doesn't even sound bad," David said, loud enough so that Ivy would be able to hear him, even though she was still covering her ears and trying her hardest to move far away from him. She was in the kitchen while he was following her into it, both of them beginning to walk around the island.

"I hate you! I hate you," Ivy was repeatedly yelling at him as she kept running around the house, trying to get away from David, but she was laughing her ass off as she did so. Especially, when he attempted to sing along to the lyrics of one of the songs, which was embarrassingly hilarious.

author's note!
thank you guys for 10k reads🥺🥺