Chapter 25 - Papa O'Conner

Chapter 25- Papa O'Conner

I was completely and utterly shocked and blindsided for this situation. There was not even a little thought in my mind that the boy's father would have showed up this weekend. He hasn't been in their lives for year, so why would he all of a sudden come back now? Logic right? So in the meantime, I just stood there not know what to say or do. My eyes darted to Nathan, then to Mr. O'Conner, back to Nathan, to Mr. O'Conner, to the floor, the door, than back to Nathan.

What was I supposed to say to him- to them? I don't even think Nathan had any (appropriate) words to say to his father. Of course 'hey dad I missed you,' was out of the question. More like 'get the hell out of my life or my face' was a light way to put it. By the expression on Nathan's face at least.

I stood awkwardly in the middle of them not daring to open my mouth and say anything. I didn't even want to leave them alone for the sake of a fight. So there I was rocking back and forth on my heels waiting for one of them to blurt something out first. Thinking and hearing about how much fun everyone was having outside.

"So Nathan how've you been?" Mr. O'Conner finally asks, feeling uncomfortable under Nathan's harsh stare. I could hear the small off setting in his voice, like an accent.

Nathan opened his mouth looking like he was about to say something harsh when I purposely coughed loudly to warn him. They both shot me a quick look as if they forgot about my presence which I couldn't blame them; they were having a pretty intense staring contest.

"What are you doing here?" Nathan spat venomously through his teeth. Gosh, he sure does hate his father a lot.

"I came here to visit my boys, especially Parker it's his birthday, right? Well I know I kind of missed it on Wednesday, but I couldn't get an earlier flight than today, but I thought maybe you guys would be having a party this weekend for him, so here I am." AH! I figured it out, it's British. Go figure right, he's been living in England for the past years.

"Parker doesn't want to see you. No one does, so you can leave. Right now would be very nice." Nathan replies back bitterly. Wow, not even a knife could cut the tension in the room; more like a chain saw.

"Nathan, give me a chance-"

"No! You had a chance with us, you had a life with us! But no, you blew it! That's your fault not mine nor Parker's or Kol, Brandon, and Brody's; or even mom! You walked out on us. So just leave. Just like the last time."

The way Nathan was yelling at his father was making me feel sorry- by a little. Hell he did cheat on his wife and leave his family. Nathan was talking so evilly and harshly to his father that made me think if I ever yelled at my father like that it would make me feel guilty. I wonder if this is the first encounter together since he left? I'm guessing so.

"Nathan please stop being such a child. I'm a grown man I don't need to be sticking around to obey my own son. Now if you'll excuse me I have a present to go give to my birthday boy." Mr. O'Conner states moving right along.

"No!" Nathan shouts blocking him from the door like a four year old, "You're not going to see him. He's better off without you, we all are so just leave!"

"Nathan get away from the damn door. God forbid you do something irrational or start a scene during your younger brother's birthday party."

"Then leave!" Nathan barked again barricading the door with his body. Behind him the door thumped from the other side. A series of fists punching on the wood making noise to get attention.

"Hey can someone get me a towel!?" Parker's voice rang getting everyone's attention. I jogged over to the laundry room grabbing a towel quickly and went back to Nathan.