Horror Winners!

Hello and welcome to the announcement of the Horror Winners!! A huge thank you to eucatastrophe9 for judging this genre after the previous Judge could not finish the contest. I am grateful you stepped in to help me! 

PLEASE REMEMBER!!: If you want your winner sticker you'll need to send a message to my main account: coolcourtney5

Starting things off with some Honourable Mentions!! 

The Little Anti-Satan by: minatobeast3

AND 

Cry For The Devil by: TheSweedisticHana15

Congratulations lovelies!

Taking Third Place we have!: 

You Made Us by: avadel

Review: 

Plot Development- 8

Character - 8

Conflict - 7

Setting- 8

Diction- 8

Creativity - 8

Total- 47/60.

Review: Wow. It's all I can say about the book. It's stunning. Sad. Terrifying, in place, that made me pause for a few moments before I started reading the book again. Your characters, making short appearances in each story (given it's a collection of independent stories, unrelated to one another), leave a lasting impact on the readers. They feel like the people I've known and talked to. Some are empathetic and some are twisted, sick brains dangerous to the world. Creating an effect like this when there are less than 2000 words to work with is nothing short of magical.

Your vocab and the sentences are wonderful. Short, uncomplicated and spot on. Usage of the flowery phrases in the stories gives a poetic touch to them and is an excellent way to create more relatable settings and characters. I'm in awe of this.

Most of your stories are original, with a touch of familiar plots, lifestyles of the characters. But it doesn't stop your book being one of the most fun reads I've read in a while.

Both of you, Aria and Laine have done a great job in writing the book. :) 

Congratulations lovely! <3 

Coming in at Second Place we have!!: 

Hundred Words Are Worth A Picture by: dawnashes

Review: 

Plot Development- 8

Character - 7

Conflict - 8

Setting - 8

Diction - 9

Creativity - 9

Total- 49/60

Review: Hundred Words are Worth a Picture is a book written in a format which follows separate, independent short stories (Anthology). Each more haunting than the other. I've always admired the authors who have it in them to express more in a very few words, and you, dawnashes, have it in you. In these stories each and every word matters. Ever word is telling you a story and your readers cannot afford to miss them.

The stories are intense, dark, and gut-wrenching that leave you juggling with various emotions simultaneously. Surprise, curiosity, astonishment and sadness.

You've been quite a lot creative in writing the book. While still keeping your words restrained and not giving away too much, you give an emotional spin to the takes and in a few words, say a lot more. The themes picked up for the stories are simple, yet controversial. They're the things which happen in our world all the time but we are too used to them to pay any attention to them. Your words force us to think.

A great job, indeed!

Congratulations lovely!! <3 <3 

Annnd Finally!!! Presenting The First Place Winner Of The Horror Genre!!!: 

The Final Era by: Tumike-John

Review: 

Plot Development- 9

The moment I read the prologue of the story, I was in. There was a strange kind of addiction to the story that pulled me into it. While reading the first few paragraphs of the book, I knew it was going to be an amazing read and I was proved right. I'd agree that I didn't exactly expect things to move this fast. I loved how, without wasting any time, you wrote a to-the-point story. Your plot moves gracefully, without any noticeable glitches that could disrupt the readers or the flow of the story. Good job!

Characters- 8

What I love the most about your book is that your characters aren't afraid to make hard choices. They're not entirely black and white, rather a sense of grayness prevails which keeps the readers hooked, leaving them wondering what they might do next. Since the book is written from multiple perspectives, it also gives us insight into other people's minds, significant or insignificant. Your characters dazzle.

Conflict- 9

There's a lot of buildup for what might come in the future and how dangerous it is going to be. The whole world is at stake. And you quickly introduce us to what an experiment at the lab may lead. I was engaged from the beginning, eagerly waiting for what would come next. And chapter after chapter things continued surprising me.

Setting- 8

Your words create an effect that the readers can imagine the settings in their minds. Be it the lab and its cold yet mysterious aura or the comfortable home of another character - the feelings it evokes are real. It gives a sense of place that the characters are stuck in, for good or bad.

Diction- 9

Your vocabulary is excellent. Sentences are short and crisp. They help create the tension and don't reveal too much until the right moment. You write with a lot of clarity which is one of the strongest points about your writing.

Creativity- 7

The concept of the book isn't new, but the way you present it makes up for that. The situations you create and make your characters act is satisfying in a way I cannot truly express. You fill the pages with fear, death, destruction and hopelessness in a gripping way that it only leaves me wanting for more.

Total- 50/60 

Congratulations lovely!!! <3 <3 <3

Thank you all for entering this contest! Please be sure to thank your judge and congratulate your winners!! Don't be upset if you haven't won, there will be many more chances to come, I asure you! 

Thank you!!