Chapter 6

Luke's POV
Calum made it seem so easy. The whole flirting thing. I mean, how difficult is it to talk to a girl?

I'm Luke Hemmings, lead singer of a major band.

I perform to thousands of teenage girls at a time, and yet when it comes down to speaking to one, I can't do it?

Kate's POV
After being back in the limo for about 5 minutes, we arrived at a posh looking house on the outskirts of London.

'Welcome to our humble abode' Michael laughed 'It's not very punk rock, but we didn't choose it, it was our manager.'

'It looks lovely' I smiled at him. 'You're so lucky! It's enormous!!'

'Are we just gonna sit here staring at it or would you like a tour of the 5sos residence Kate?' Aston chuckled, getting out of the limo and holding the door open for me.

Luke fished a key out of his back pocket and opened the front door. The inside was a complete mess.

Clothes were strewn across the floor, and dirty dishes were stacked up by the sink. The TV was still on, volume on mute.

Calum looked embarassed. 'Sorry about the mess' he rambled. 'We haven't really got much time for cleaning because we've been touring and to be honest we don't fully know how to do it...' He bit his lip (oh ok I'm dead again) and raised his eyebrows at me expectantly. 'Can you help us pleaseeeee' he whined, smirking at me.

'If that is some stereotype that girls are the ones that clean up Calum Hood, I will slap you' I say seriously, looking him dead in the eye.

He took my hand and dragged me into the kitchen. 'How do you turn the dishwasher on?' Calum asked, completely confused.

This would take some time.

**************************************

After 40 minutes, we had loaded the dishwasher, tidied up the kitchen, put on a load of washing (I taught them all a well needed lesson of how to use the washing machine) and cleaned the living room.

Calum threw himself onto the sofa and I slumped next to him; cleaning was pretty exhausting!! Ashton and Michael entered the room, followed by Luke. Every time I saw him, my heart beat faster. I just couldn't work out why he was acting so odd. Is he just like this usually?

'Who wants to watch a movie?' Mikey shouts like an excited child, pulling me out of my thoughts.

'Sure' Ashton replied. 'Kate, you and I are on popcorn duty' he gestured to the the kitchen and stuck out a hand to help me up.

Once we were in the kitchen, Ashton closed the door and turned to me. I had to ask him.

'Is... is Luke like this all the time?' I stutter, turning pink as I look up at Ashton.

'What, antisocial and grumpy? Yes, but never this bad. I do know that it's just his way of dealing with somebody he likes though...' Ashton trailed off.

My jaw dropped and pulse quickened. It would make sense, but it's Luke Hemmings. He wouldn't be interested in someone like me, surely it would be some rich blonde cheerleader type? Not me.

'That can't be right.' I tell him firmly. 'He... he just can't. He's Luke, I'm Kate. We don't match.'

Ashton smiles. 'I know him Kate. He likes you, but just doesn't know how to show it. Give it time. We'll do everything to try and get you two together, and then you'll be forced to talk.'

'Oh my god no! You can't do that Ashton' I laugh. 'No fair' I say, punching him gently in the arm.

'It'll work out' he assures me, giving me a knowing nod.

'Just leave it to me.'