Chapter 4 - The Stone of Hearts( 1)

Isabelle's POV

I sighed,not  being able to find the gem. Tears were threatening to fall down my eyes but I sniffed ,to prevent them from getting out.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at my watch. I winced upon seeing that it was already 3:45 in the afternoon. Damn, Charlotte's going to throw a fit once I am late! I quickly stood up,brushing the tears away and grabbed my bag. 

I then noticed something sparkle  from the corner of my eye and my heart stopped beating in my chest. I neared it, hoping that it was truly it and as I did take a good look at it, I couldnt help but smile. I've finally found it! Grabbing it by the hand, I placed it in my pocket and made my way down the stairs as memories of the past engulfed me.

I laughed as I was watching Fairy Tail on my television. Just then, I heard the click of the camera and I glared at him.

"I told you not to do that while I was watching!" I said,pouting.

He gave me a grin,a grin that made my anger melt away.

I sighed once and closed my eyes. I flinched as I felt a hand touch mine and I opened my eyes.

He looked at me straight in the eyes and I couldnt move. Words wouldnt form at my lips as he slowly leaned in,trying to close the gap between us. When I felt his breath mingle with mine, I knew just then that it was only an inch before our lips intertwine with each other. Feeling the tension in the air, he  leaned closer and closed the gap. He pressed his lips softly onto mine but I did no further ado to return the kiss. Questions swirled in my head everytime he kisses me. Anxiety and doubt continues to fill my mind at every second of passion . The question of 'Do I really love him?' continues to haunt my very soul and I could not answer it.

I was startled when his tongue pushed my closed lips apart  and  entered it, devouring it whole ,and exploring it at the same time. The gentleness in his actions never left despite the passion he allowed to make me feel. At last , he ended the kiss with one lick at my bottom lip,a smile tugged up on his lips.

"I love you..." he whispered and his breath made my skin tingle . He did not move back more than an inch or two .His hand slowly made their way onto mine and he opened mine and placed something on it. I took hold of my hand,opened my palm and gasped as I saw what he placed there.

A blue sparkling stone rests on my palm and just by holding it, warmth spread through my body and my heart started to beat . I stared at it in wonder and whispered,"What is it?"

He smiled,moving back ,sitting in a straight position and said,"Its something very important to me.It was passed on from a thousand of generations of lovers from our lineage. And when it was passed on to me, my father told me that  I should only give it to the girl I love the most ... " as he said that , his gaze pinned me into place and my heart couldnt stop beating its furious pace. Heat slowly made its way into my face and he leaned in once more but before he claimed my lips once again ,he whispered,"It is a symbol of my love for you..." 

"Isabelle? "I heard a voice say and I came back to reality.

I frowned as I looked up and saw Rick ,staring at me with his dark coal eyes. My heart started to thump as I stared at him .

"What?" I asked,in a low noncholant voice.

I saw his adam's apple move and I knew just then that he was nervous for it seemed like he gulped.

Silence echoed between us but I placed in a smile and said,"So...what's up?"

He stared at me for a while longer until he answered,"I want to show you something."

I raised an eyebrow but he grinned and tugged at my arm. I followed him until he led me to the back of the school.

"Rick what is going -"

"Shh.." he said and pointed at the back. I peered at the direction he was pointing at and my eyes widened.

I saw Charlotte;s sleeping face by the corner of the tree andit shocked me for Charlotte never falls asleepin school but what shocked me the most is that Lucas was there and his back was facing us. I couldnt really get a clear glimpse of what he was doing to her but his eyes closed once as he leaned forward but then opened again . Once it opened, his hand made  its way onto her face and stroked it ,moving the strands of hair away from her face. He then mouthed something and he stood stiff once Charlotte stirred.

I saw his eyes widen and excitement started to build up in me . I surpressed  a giggle while Rick snickered beside me. "Those two idiots." he muttered,smiling.

I shook my head,amused,upon seeing Charlotte's eyes turn from sleepy to wide eye. Lucas scrambled back,his ears red and Charlotte looking like a cherry.

"Would you please move back?" Charlotte said, but it was more of a nervous order .

Lucas obliged with  her request but kept his eyes pinned on her. Charlotte seemed to be getting uncomfortable but returned his stare with the same intensity. 

Time passed and they still did not blink . I was beggining to wonder if they are even alive.

Lucas then,after a while, neared her again and Lotte,trapped, did not move. Lucas stared into her eyes and swiftly moved his eyes onto her lips but then backed away once more.

My breath hitched at the excitement happening right infront of me but just then, Ralph,Lucas' bestfriend , entered the scene,breaking things.

I sighed . Rick tugged onto my arm and said,"Come on. The excitement has already ended. It is best to leave those youngsters to their own devices." 

I raised an eyebrow at him but he just grinned.

Later , I swore to myself, I am going to make her spill her guts.

A smile tugged on my lips just at the thought of her telling me the events of today ,with a blush  on her cheeks.

---

Author's NOTE:

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. 

Sorry! I was super busy with 10 projects on my butt and if that is not bad enough, I had about 3 competitions that month. So sorry! I hope you understand =) And I hope you like this chapter. 

Keep Isabelle in mind guys .She is a VIP character.