Part Nine

Calum and I made each other happy. I saw his face light up every morning when he saw me on the bus. We'd been together for a week now, and we were the cutest couple. We held hands between classes, regardless of any hate we received. We didn't care. It was like we were the only ones in the world, and we both had our hearts completely fixed upon each other.

All my love went to Calum. I loved him more than I could ever love myself. But I hadn't told him I loved him yet. I wanted to find the perfect time.

Calum sat next to me on the bus one Friday and we took a bunch of selfies. I put my phone away and looked at him, staring into his dark brown eyes. Calum wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. I felt fragile in his strong arms, and he held me tight. I felt safe. That was the best kiss I've ever had, honestly. And I wanted Calum to be my last first kiss. He pulled away and then started playing with my hair. One day, I'd kiss him like he was able to kiss me.

After school, we hung out at my house. My parents really didn't approve of me dating a guy, even though I had before. But somehow, those other relationships didn't seem real. They had lasted but a few weeks, and didn't seem to matter anymore. The only thing I needed was Calum.

We lay on my bed and watched YouTube videos for hours. "You saved me." He whispered to me in the middle of a Tyler Oakley video. He gently kissed my jawbone, making me smile and blush. "Y-you've saved me too." I stuttered. "And you take my breath away every day."

A few weeks and many kisses later, I was ready to tell Calum I loved him. We hung out at Central Park for a while. It was cold out, and his nose had turned an adorable shade of pink.

We talked about us, about music...we talked about everything, really. "Calum, I love you." I randomly blurted out in the middle of him telling a story about going to a Blink-182 concert. He stopped and took both my hands in his. Before he could answer, I leaned in and kissed him out of nowhere. Finally I had caught him off guard. He was perfect. I pulled away and kissed his pink nose. "I love you too, Jaden." Calum whispered.