Chapter 6 | Annoyed

Blake

Nicole was annoyed by me. That much was obvious by the way she kept looking over at me just to glare at me.

And I didn't care. I found it kinda cute actually.

Just figured it'd be safer if I worked her shift to make sure she didn't make irrational decisions just 'cause she was tired. She'd be going back to campus with me. In her own car, 'cause she still hated me.

Twenty minutes into our shift, she had glared at me over thirty times already. Something told me the number would go up a lot higher by the end of the night.

And I was right. By the time she sat down on a chair to change out of her heels, she had probably glared at me around a hundred times. Didn't bother me as long as I knew she was safe.

I've heard of people losing their roommates to unspeakable things, and I wouldn't want to go through the same. Although she hated being with me, I'd do everything I could to make sure she always made it back into the room she hated safely.

"You can go to your own car and leave me alone now." Her cold tone matched the weather as we walked out of the building and I looked around as I shoved my hands into my pockets. "I'm serious," she added when I made no effort to walk away from her.

Funny thing was, I had parked right next to her car when I arrived a bit after her. Her car was hard to miss. It was a pretty beat up old Nissan, looked like it got passed down through generation. Thing still ran pretty well for its age. A well maintained car will take you miles without fail. I admired that she didn't care about the looks she received every time she drove it.

"Blake," she stopped walking to look back at me. I nodded to let her know I was listening. "You can leave now. Seriously."

"My car is parked next to yours, sweet cheeks."

"Oh."

"Yeah, now shut your pretty mouth and keep walking."

Yet another glare was directed at me before she spun around to keep walking to her car, her heels hanging in her hand and her purse flung over her shoulder. The dress did her justice in all the right places, so I took my chance at having a good look as she stomped away.

"For the record," she stopped outside her car and looked at me over the hood. "I only did what you said cause I wanna get home already, not cause I listen to what people like you tell me what to do."

I shrugged as I unlocked my own car. "Whatever makes you feel better, doll face."

"You're never gonna stop with the annoying nicknames, are you?"

An irritated groan left her when I simply winked in her direction as my answer. Why would I stop when I loved her reaction every single time?

"You're the most infuriating person I've ever met, and trust me, that's saying a lot." Wanting the last word, she got into her car and slammed the door shut. I was surprised it didn't fall off from how hard she shut it. It also sounded like it struggled more than a little when she turned the key in the ignition.

"See you back at campus, sugar plum."

Rolling down her window just enough for me to hear her, she pointed a finger to the back of her throat and feigned a gag. "That's the worst one. Quit saying that one, at least."

"That just makes me wanna say it even more."

That got me the middle finger. "Go fuck yourself."

"Why would I when I can just fuck you?"