Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Bye...

Dave's P.O.V

As I woke up the next morning I looked at my iPod for the time it was blank. I tried turning it on once more, but it was out of batteries it seemed. I fiddled with my iPod a few more times to be unsuccessful as the first few tries.

I looked where Maria was supposed to be but didn't find her near my side. I looked around the forest until I found a dumpster near the park that connected with the forest that smelled awful. I covered my nose with my hands and looked inside and started crying quietly in shock. There in the dirty brown dumpster was Maria all torn in pieces and blood all over. Her body had been mutilated and looked a bit eaten. I glanced at her one more time and noticed that there was a note on her half eaten head.

I slowly reached for the note with my right hand while my left was covering my nose and mouth. Tears fell from my eyes as I finally reached the note and snatched it from her half eaten head. I turned away and walked a few feet away from the dumpster, and uncovered my mouth with my hand. I took several deep breaths and wiped my eyes clean from the salty tears.

I hope you like your morning surprise little brother for as I am sure that you are in a great state of shock and I would pay for anything to see your face right now you scum.

PS, you hurt your mom's feeling by running away so I killed your little friend slowly and very painfully.

PPS, she tasted like a bony chicken wing that no amount of hot sauce or barbecue could ever make taste best. She tasted awful. I hope you're happy making me eat bony chicken wing girls. I need some real meat in my life, not skinny chicken wing girls.

I started crying and decided to bury her, she was my first new friend after all. After I finished burring her farther into the forest. I walked deeper into a forest. She only wanted to get away from her horrible life, not die. She started a new one and ended up dying because of me. I stopped walking and looked around and realized that I was lost. This was another park, but I think I got pass the forest zone.

You see, our city was different. It was a half city with tall buildings and city life. While the other side was all nature. I felt horrible what happen to Maria still. I kept walking until I saw a deserted cabin about fifty paces away and I quickly got inside it was abandoned and dark I sighed I guess I start my new life here.

As I was about to put my backpack on the ground and unpack my belongings when I saw people walking towards the cabin. Shit! I thought. I quickly hid in the dirty, chipped closet with the door opened slightly. It smelt horrible, but I didn't want to get caught so I dealt with it. The people entered the cabin and I took a closer look to see who entered, it was my brother and his gang of friends and a person wrapped up in strong brown ropes. 

I continued to watch until Mike said "Let's eat!" I watched the look on that poor girl, a look of pure terror and begging until one of Mike's friends slashed her neck with a blade and licked it. He then proceeded to re-slash her with his claw and repeating the process of licking the blood off his claw.

I backed up slowly and tripped over something. I slipped on something gooey and slimy and flinched as it made contact with my skin. I lifted up my hand and almost screamed at the closet was full of dead bodies. I heard footsteps coming towards the closet and quickly sucked my scream back up and did the unthinkable.

I did absolutely something I would never do, but this was life or death situation so I quickly hid under the dead bodies as I heard my Mike say dump her over there when all of a sudden more weight was put on me. I was glad these bodies smelt like blood because it masked my scent.

I took a quick breath and prepared to hold my breath because it stunk when some blood flew in my mouth, I was going to spit it out when my brother came back in looking for something. So I swallowed the blood and I don't know what happened in a split second, but something snapped inside me and I saw my hands get kind of furry and then it faded away as quickly as it appeared.

After all of that was done my brother said, "Look what I found! My brothers backpack, he must of forgot it or something." He dug in one of my pocket of the backpack and found 500$. "Let's go spend it!" He said excitedly with that he quickly left with his group of friends tailing behind him like mindless zombies.

I got out from under the bodies slowly and checked to see if anybody was close by or anything to make sure I wasn't in harms way. The coast was clear so I got in the rusty shower and washed myself with the water that was barely working and half an hour later I was finished washing my bodies and clothes. I dried myself quickly from the cold water and then I laid my cloth to dry on the old window sill and took new ones out of my backpack. I was about to sit down when a hand grabbed me and covered my mouth.

"Hey, I smelt you in the closet. You can't hide from us wolves." The male voice said.

This was kinda awkward for me so I didn't talk. He told me that he was gay and found myself very compatible for a mate, but didn't want to tell his friends. I was going to ask him what the hell was wrong with him when he hit me on the back of my head and I passed out. Holy shit, can't a guy just catch a break?