A Badass Girl, Living a Badass Life: Chapter 1

My eyes fluttered open and I was looking up at my plain white ceiling. I directed my attention to my window, outside I could hear birds chirping and young children laughing and talking. I looked at my watch it was 11:02. The time when the preschoolers went to their half day classes. I rolled over onto my back and groaned... I'm three hours late for school. Mom said if I skipped out on any more class she was going to send me away.

Most likely to my Dad's house in New York, but honestly I'd rather be there than with my witch of a mother. She is crazy! After my parents divorced all she wanted me to do is find a boyfriend, she even tried to set me up on blind dates! And when I met this guy, Jamie, who I really liked, my whole world came crashing down when I came home from school and saw him in bed with my mother! N' the worst part is, she tried to deny it when I heard moans from her bedroom and they were laying on top of each other naked! Ugh! I hate my life.

My name is Rosette Mclane. Rose for short. I never let people call me Rosette! I hated that name. my parents tried raising me as a sweet holly angel child but failed horribly when one day in the fifth grade I came crying with a note in hand from the principle. I had been expelled. A shocked mother started to freak out because she thought she was being a great parent, only to find out that I had punched a kid in the nose for interrupting while I was talking. When it happened I could feel the rush of adrenaline was over me when he fell to the floor unconscious. Just the night before I was watching lightweight boxing with my dad. I practiced on his stomach, not hurting him a bit. When I went to bed all I could think about is how I couldn't wait to try that move on a real person. And sadly Joey was the sorry culprit with a broken nose and a hate for me for the rest of his life.

Since then I have been arrested 4 times, to court twice, and to Juvie once. I'm only seventeen and that is pretty impressive. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks so, especially my mom and dad. I was only in Juvie for a month, for assaulting a cop, but when I got out, everything was taken away from me. My Phone, laptop, iPod, communication to the outside world. 

I still go to school but to restrict me from hanging out with people who could 'influnce me' they hired a... look out for me. Not caring to inform me of the person name, just that he would 'watch me' and report back to my parents. Its been 3 years and I still have no idea who it is. At the end of 3rd year, I started to think my parents were bluffing about the watch out, so I bought some cigarettes. Lucky I  have connections, from a friend and smoked them behind the school. A  couple people passed but hey were so wrapped up in what the were doing they didn't notice an underaged person smoking. When I returned home that night I was super excited to see if I would get in trouble. The moment I walked in the door I was rudely pushed up to my room and locked in. I chuckled to my self at the memory.

Its fourth year now and the question is burning inside off me--who is it? Half the people in my grade are afraid of me. So I don't see how I would notice. I don't want to toot my own horn but i am pretty hot. I have jet black hair, grey is blue eyes, normal sized lips, my complexion is so pale in some lights so sometimes I glow like a star.  Most of the time I dress in dark clothing covered up by dark leather jackets and my need not want attention.

 I sighed still looking out the window, it was late November, Halloween passed a few days ago and today is a Monday, the most dreaded day of the week. What am I going to do? I looked at my watch again 11:45. OI! if I go now I would be there for lunch and only have to stay for two hours. A total waste.

I pulled my self out of bed and into the hallway. I trudged down to the bathroom and looked at the mirror. Is that me? I looked horrible! my hair was sticking out in a million different directions and my makeup from yesterday was smudged all over my face. I turned on the shower and started to take my close off. I waited patiently as I waited for the water to warm. I stuck my foot in there before pushing my whole body inside of the glass area. I washed my hair and body before stepping out of the shower and taking another look at my self... much better.