I Am in Euphoria-22

Comenzar desde el principio

I tried to decipher what that meant and if it would give me any clue as to where we were going, but I couldn't, so I just decided that waiting was my best option.

We continued talking until I noticed that Declan was slowing down. I tried not to jump up and down in my seat but I did look around frantically.

We were at the beach.

Except it didn't look like a tourist trap. It was the kind of beach that you put on a postcard, or the kind of beach that someone would take 'long slow walks on the beach' on. The sand and water were perfect because of the setting sun and the fact that no one was here except for us made it even better.

"Wow," I breathed.

"You coming?" Declan said. He was already out of the car, poking his head in to look at me.

I snapped out of it and nodded my head. "Yeah," I said and stepped out of the car and walked to the trunk where Declan was pulling a blanket out.

I followed him closer to the water and helped him set the blanket down. I was about to sit down on it when Declan pulled me back up.

"Not yet," he said. "We should get into the water before it gets too cold."

We walked up to the water and I gingerly put a foot in while Declan ran in, looking like he was having the time of his life.

"Declan! It already is too cold!" I said and backed away. He turned around and ran back towards me.

"I'm just gonna go-" I started, but he cut me off.

"Oh no, you aren't." he said and grabbed me hand. "You're staying right here with me." I started to protest but he picked me up bridal style and ran further into the ocean.

"No! Declan! It's cold!" I yelled, but he didn't take me seriously as I was laughing at the same time.

He shrugged. "You'll get used to the temperature."

Before I could yell at him some more, he dropped the arm that was holding up my legs but held onto one of my arms.

"You are so mean," I said and slapped him across his chest, my teeth chattering. "I hate you."

He pulled me into a hug. "No, you don't," he said, then he whispered in my ear. "Or else you wouldn’t be here."

I pushed away from him. He smelled to good and I would forgive him if he kept me there. 

"Is Reesey Poo mad at me?" Declan said.

I replied by splashing a large amount of salt water in his face. "No," I said with a cheeky smile.

He slowly wiped his face, peeking one eye at me; the one face that kills all girls inside. And I'm pretty sure he knew that too.

"You'll pay for that," he said.

My eyes widened. "No, Declan, I'm sorry!" I said and turned my back to him. But he didn't accept my apology as I felt cold water soak my backside.

I shivered as it ran down then turned around to see him staring at me with a smirk.

"Ha." He said.

"You'll pay for that," I said, mocking his earlier words, but he shook his head.

"No, I won't," he said, walking closer to me, and I instantly knew what he was going to do.

As he stepped closer to me, I put my hands in the water while making sure to keep a straight face on. When he held his hands out to pull me into a hug and or kiss, I splashed him.