seven // puppy

In light of recent events, Eddie was still baring through. He managed to keep a smile on his face, even though he was on the verge of breaking completely. He giggled to richies lewd jokes, even though he struggled to find them funny. He couldn't feel like he used to.
       Richie had taken him back to eddies house on his bike, knowing his mom would have his face on a milk carton immediately if he didn't.
      It still felt as if Patrick's hands were on his sides, ramming into him, his horrible words ringing in his ears like a song you heard on the radio. Take it, slut. Don't try and fight. You know you like it. Shut up, baby. It felt as if his heart had been stabbed by a needle and slowly left to air out like a balloon.
      He took a bath, which ended up turning into a full-on soak. He sat in the tub, letting the water swallow him hole for around an hour, which left Richie peeking in a few times to make sure he was even alive.
       He borrowed some of richies clothes, that were definitely big on him, and slept with richies arm holding him in a grasp he never wanted to leave.
        Richie knew Eddie was in no condition to go to school the next day, so, he woke up before Eddie did and carefully wiggled out of their hug. He walked downstairs to his living room, stepping over the steps he knew creaked and grabbed the phone book off the shelf. He found the school phone number and dialed them, letting it ring until he heard the voice of the tired lady at the office, trying her hardest to pretend she liked her job.
"It's a great day here at Derry High! How may I help you?"
      "It's Eddie Kaspbrak's mother, Sonia!"  A sigh rang through the other end of the phone.
       "Is Eddie sick again?"
       "Yes, very! I was just so worried. I'm sorry for any inconvenience! I'll make sure he catches up on his work!"
       "Alright. We'll excuse his absence."
      She hung up the phone and Richie grinned, running back upstairs and laying down. Eddie was stirring awake, nuzzling his face further into richies shirt with a tiny yawn. He looked like a sleepy puppy. Richie stroked his hair gently, smiling down at him. He was sure Eddie would explain everything soon enough.