III [Rewritten]

-Erin's POV-

The encounter with Dianne soon passed and time flew by fast, (Y/n) thankfully didn't mention anything about our conversation. We went on with our date, and for once, I genuinely enjoyed my time with her.

We didn't do anything unusual; we simply walked around the park, got some food as we walk, and talked casually about life with me doing most of the talking. She wasn't the type to talk much which I am very thankful for after having my ear talked off by random girls every single day, it's a pain honestly.

Now, (Y/n) and I is laying down on a small, grassy hill that we found on the park, gazing up at the night sky decorated with stars.

     "Erin," (Y/n) starts out, breaking the lingering silence between us.
I gave her a hum of acknowledgement and turned my head to look at her. Her gaze stayed lock on the sky as if she was refusing to meet my eyes.

Now that we're so close to each other, I just noticed how good looking (Y/n) actually is. It's not the type of beauty that everyone sees around the internet or magazines, no, (Y/n) has her own type of beauty.

I stared at her, admiring how her (E/c) orbs glistens under the moonlight innocently. Then, my eyes trailed down to look at her lips. They were moving but I couldn't exactly hear what words were escaping her mouth, too busy taking in her appearance.

A small, genuine smile made its way into my lips but disappeared immediately as I remember something.

'What am I thinking,' I internally grumbled.
'If i start feeling things towards her now, I'll end up like.. him.'

I was afraid. Afraid that I would have the same fate as him. Who's him? That's for me to know and for anyone to not..

'She's just a toy, Erin, someone you have wrapped around your web. Always have been.'

     "Erin?" (Y/n)'s voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts. I flinched at the sound of her voice.

     "Is something wrong? You're frowning." she pointed out, staring back at me.
I quickly masked my frown and gave her a weak smile.

     "Yes. I'm fine,"

She didn't seem convinced by my words but she decided not to push any further.

     "I'm just admiring you, I can never get over how beautiful you are." I added which caught her off guard, her cheeks faintly turning red.
She tore her gaze away from me and looked back at the stars.

     "I don't want you to be a star," (Y/n) changed the topic, her blush now gone.
My face contorted into a confused look at her words and at how very random it was. She turned her head to look at me, a gentle smile adorning her lips.

     "They fade away eventually. As selfish as it sounds, i want you to stay with me 'till the end, Erin."

Our eyes locked together, [E/c] and wide lavender orbs staring at each other. My mouth opened slightly in shock, no words slipping out. Though her words sounded very cheesy, I could've sworn i felt my heart miss a beat, but i denied it and recovered from my state of shock.

     "Of course, (Y/n), i'll stay with you." I spoke without thinking, moving my hand to tuck a lock of her [h/c] hair behind her ear gently.

Her ears glowed red at my action and without another word, I leaned in and pressed our foreheads together before slowly closing the gap between us with my eyes closed.

Tonight was the night we shared our first kiss after 2 long years. It wasn't the usual lust-filled kiss that i give to other girls. The kiss that (Y/n) and I shared was filled with nothing but love and passion, something that i haven't felt in a long time. I could feel a spark going off, a spark that i grew to love and hate.

My eyes shot open and i immediately pushed (Y/n) away which surely shocked her. I saw a look of hurt in her expression but i was quick to make up an explanation.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't know what i was doing." I apologized quickly, tearing my gaze away from her. There was a painfully awkward silence between the two of us.
Soon enough, I heard (Y/n) give a small laugh.

     "It's alright. You're acting like we aren't in a relationship," she joked. "Besides.. i think it felt nice."

I didn't know why, but her comment made me feel embarrassed. My cheeks heated up into a rosy color that reached up to my ears. It was usually me who would be making remarks like that, I guess i was just caught off guard.

I avoided (Y/n)'s gaze, refusing to accept the fact that i could literally hear my own deafening heartbeat thumping against my eardrums.

"Yeah, that felt.. nice."