"It's up to you, but my pack will understand" he interlocks his fingers with mine.

"Ok" I smile. Instead of replying, he picks me up bridal style and twirls me around.

"BLAKE" I squeal.

"You can scream all you want, we're the only people here" he laughs back. He then flings me over his shoulder and begins to run. I squeal louder as I watch the ground behind me run away the further he gets.

"Where are we going?" I yell over his shoulder.

"You'll see when we get there!" He yells back. I decide to just lay limp on his shoulder and enjoy his strength.

After a few minutes, we arrive at the top of a hill. When he puts me down, I see the picnic that's been laid out.

"Blake...is this a picnic?"

"Yeah I planned it this morning. Just for you" he kisses my forehead.

I look at the layout and let out a quiet gasp. Different types of cakes, meat, fruits and breads are laid out on top of a tartan blanket. Next to the food is a bouquet of roses.

"You got me flowers?" I wipe away a tear. Blake picks them up and hands them to me.

"Anyone who's able to accept me for who- I mean what I am, deserves this" he murmurs before giving me a peck.

We sit down and begin to feast. Blake smiles as he watches me stuff my face with a sandwich made from the assortment of bread, cheese and meat.

"Yo girl, you know how to put it away" he says impressed. Instead of blushing, something takes me over and I wink instead. Blake raises an eyebrow.

"I like this side of you" he growls. I put down the sandwich and walk towards him. His jaw drops.

"What are you doing Mia...?" He asks, worried. I smile and crouch next to him whilst he holds his sandwich as he looks at me with a mixture of confusion and awe. I make sure to stare at him intensely in his eyes as I lean over and take a massive bite out of his sandwich before scrambling back to my place on the blanket.

"WAIT, did you just bite my sandwich?" He asks with shock in his voice.

I stick my tongue out and go cross-eyed.

He laughs. "I like goofy girls."

"If I can't be goofy with my man who else can I be goofy with?" I stick my tongue out again. He snorts and we end up pulling funny faces and making TikTok videos for around 30 minutes.

"Wow" Blake says in awe. "I can be goofy with you, I can eat with you, I can make TikTok's with you...I can even vape with you Mia." I blush. "What about you isn't perfect?"

"Blake" I whisper. "You know how to blow the sickest smoke rings" I sigh.

"Whenever you do a ghost inhale" I shiver at the thought. "It does something to me" I put my sandwich down.

"You like it when I ghost inhale baby?" He growls. I nod my head slowly and he lets out a shuddery breath. Blake rummages through his pocket and pulls out a vape pen.

"Wanna dab baby?" He asks as he hands it to me. I play with it in my fingers for a minute as I ponder.

"We should probably go back to school..." I trail off. I've never vaped before, but he can't know.

"Yeah, they'll be wondering where we are now" he groans as he stands up. I raise my hands and he grabs them and pulls me up. We pack everything up and make our way back to the bike.

Before I get on, I give Blake a peck. "Thank you for this" I say gratefully.

He smiles back gently at me. "Anything for you" he whispers before strapping my helmet on for me. He revs his engine and we wheelie our way back to school.

As soon as we arrive on school grounds, the sight of ambulances rocks us.

"What's going on?" Blake murmurs.

"I don't know" I whisper, "But something doesn't feel right."

We park up and make our way inside of school. Instead of being in class, everyone is packed in the hallway. Loud sounds of conversation and panic fill the air. As Blake and I walk through the crowds, we try to make sense of everything being said. Eventually, we find ourselves entering the school field. It turns out that this is where the crowd begins. As we look on, we see 5 or 6 paramedics in the middle of the pitch. They form a circle with other teachers, making it impossible to see what's gone on.

"Stay here" Blake says. "I'm going to find out what's happened."

I nod as he makes his way back down the crowd. I turn back around and look on at the paramedics. Suddenly, one of them shifts and I gasp at the sight. I see blood. A lot of it. As I take in the sight, a familiar voice screams out my name.

"MIA! MIA!" the voice screams. I turn around to see Chasity running towards me with tears streaming down her face.

"Chasity?" I ask, confused. "Are you ok?"

Chasity raises both eyebrows at me in shock. "Am I ok?" she weeps. "Are YOU ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I twist my face. Why does she suddenly care about my wellbeing?

Her face falls. "You don't know, do you?"

"Know about what..." I trail off. She looks at me helplessly.

"Mia" she starts off gently as she holds my hand. "The paramedics... they're here for Noah."

My legs go weak and I have to grab onto her arm.

"N-Noah?" My chest starts to tighten.

"It was all so fast" she rambles. "I was out on the field with Brittany as I watched her at cheerleading practice and then..." Her body tenses up. "This wolf...it was so big. It came out of nowhere and it just CHARGED at Noah."

Chasity bursts into a sob. "It was like it only wanted him!" she weeps.

"Where is he?" I demand.

"They took him into the ambulance....Mia I don't know what happened to him. Everyone just started running."

I let go of her hand and start to run towards the paramedics. Before I can reach them, I'm pulled back. It's Blake. I stare at him with tears in my eyes and he pulls me in tight.

"I'm so sorry" he whispers as he rocks me.

"A wolf, Blake? We don't even have wolves in this area" I howl. "How did this happen?"

He pulls away and looks me directly in the eyes.

"We know who did this Mia."

My heart drops into my stomach as I realise what I had learnt today. Werewolves go to Raven High. I'm dating the Alpha.

This wasn't just any wolf. This was planned.