Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Matt POV

It was all happening like in slow motion.

Alex nodded towards Fred, one of his best friends. Before anyone could react, he had obtained a metal pipe from under his leather jacket and in one swift movement, had stepped out from the crowd and hit Danielle at the back of her head.

''Danielle!'' Mike and I shouted simultaneously, running over to her as she fell. I had managed to catch her right before she fell head first.

Gasps filled the air at what had just happened. Majority jeered at a smug and bloody looking Alex, making a scowl overtaking his face.

''Why the fvck are you jeering at me?! I just won, dammit!'' he sneered at the crowd.

I felt something warm wet my hand that was holding onto Danielle's head, and realised that her head was bleeding.

The only thing that went through my mind was: He's not going to get away with this.

I instructed Mike to bring her to the hospital as soon as possible, saying I had to deal with Alex. He nodded, and carried Danielle like she weighed nothing. He then carefully jogged over to his car, unlocking it and cautiously placing her on the backseat. Danielle's friends had offered to follow him, but only Morgan, Rachel and the asian looking girl who I think was Mel could go due to the minimum space in the car.

Now with that cleared, I stood up straight and walked over to the duo who were having a heated discussion.

''...I don't understand! I won fair and square—''

''With the help of me,'' Fred interrupted.

I cleared my throat, and both turned to face me, their eyes becoming wide they looked like they were about to fall off their sockets. If I weren't so angry, I would have laughed it off.

Instead, I replied calmly that it was almost scary, ''I take it as you didn't know I was here the whole time?''

They both remained silent, and murmurs could be heard, reminding me there were other students here too. I turned to them, ''Go home! The fight's over!'' I shouted.

They hurriedly dispersed, leaving me, Alex and Luke. I looked at Luke questioningly. ''I'm not leaving till he gets what he deserves for pulling that stunt on one of my friends,'' he replied seriously, taking a step closer to us.

I nodded, and turned my head towards a terrified Alex. Good that he knows to fear me.

''Please, Mr Roberts, it's not my fault she got hit. It was her idea to start the fight,'' he tried reasoning out, but it came out shaky. I turned to his companion beside him.

''Go. I'll deal with you tomorrrow,'' I spoke sternly, and he nodded hastily before scurrying away.

I walked slowly around him as I spoke, ''So...you're saying that it was her fault she got hit by your friend who was clearly instructed by you?'' I asked.

He opened his mouth to speak but only stammering and mumbling could be heard. A picture of Danielle getting hit and falling down flashed through my mind, making rage take over me.

In a split second, I pulled him by the collar and shook him fiercely. ''Answer me you freakin' bastard!''

His eyes widened, and I felt a hand touch my shoulder, ''Umm...sir, I think that's too much...''

''Could you let me handle this, kid? Right now I'm not working as a teacher, so let me just freaking handle this!'' I exclaimed, and he backed away, mumbling a sorry.