Chapter 11

"I'm impressed, your formation and timing and speed and well..everything really, is perfect today" Jack admitted, slowly drifting back down to the ground and stopping the multiple 'deadly snowballs and icicles' from coming at me.

"Thanks" I grinned, tilting my head to the sky to let the snowflakes melt on my warm face, sticking my tongue out to catch the drifting snowflakes that were slowly making their way to the ground.

Honesly, I loved it here in the North Pole. I was never really a summer type of person, there really was nothing I liked about the summer. The beach's hot sands made me cringe and the sun beating down on my fair skin did nothing to give it the 'summer glow'. Here in the North Pole, I could create as many mini ice storms I wanted to and no one would bother me about it. 

"Hey, can I ask a question?" He said slowly, almost cautiously.

"Sure" I shrugged, giggling slightly as a snowflake melted on my nose.

"Last night" He started "I heard you and Elsa talking in your room. I was just wondeirng if you know, you were okay"

"I'm fine" 

"Then what were you talking about in 2 in the morning?"

Ah, caught.

"Erm...the weather we're having lately is wonderful...Don't you agree?" I said quickly, smoothly lying, gesturing towards the cloudy skies. 

Ha kidding, I couldn't lie to save my life. 

"Emma..." He said, a note of warning in his voice. I sighed as I flopped on the ground, the coolness of the snow beneath my fingertips cooling me down.

"Firstly, what were you doing up at 2 in the morning. Secondly, why do you care?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He sighed before sitting down beside me, staring out past the snowy mountains.

"I was up because I'm a light sleeper. I guess you could say I've trained my body to be able to jump up and be alert to fight, whenever. And I care cause you're my sister" He said, in a tone that stated it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I just.." I hesitated, chewing my bottom lip "I just had a bad night" 

"Bad night as in nightmares?" He questioned, concern growing in his sharp blue eyes. 

Those mortal brown eyes. I winced slightly at the memory, looking away from his gaze.

"You're making me feel like a bad brother, just...please?"

"You just...you turned into a mortal and I just," I stopped, gulping slightly.

He just looked so...weak. 

Not immortal.

Mortal.

"It worried you?" He inquired, putting an arm around me, drawing me closer to him. I stiffened slightly, not used to these brotherly affections, before relaxing into his grip.  

"You looked like you were going to die" I replied flatly, stating the obvious.

"Confession; I've had those nightmares too, and it scared the hell out of me. I don't want to lose you...again"

"Except you never really lost me, I was there. You just didn't notice" I pointed out, giggling slightly, despite the current mood. I mean, I just sounded like a crazy stalker. 

"I should have at least tried to find you" He sighed regretfully, shaking his head slightly.

"Legend had it that I died, and that's what you saw too, eh? So let's not debate on it. The past is in the past. Let it go" I laughed softly, punching his arm lightly.