❤✨ Asgardians Can Get Colds

"You look like death." Tony remarked one morning.

"Thank you so much, Stark, I really appreciate it." Olivia said, laying on the sofa with an arm over her face.

"You don't sound good either." Tony replied.

"One more word about my condition and I'm shoving my foot up your a-" Olivia started, but was cut off by the sound of the door opening.

"Dove, what have we talked about?" Loki asked rhetorically, a bowl of Ramen noodles in his hand. Olivia sat up and took it.

"Not threttaning someone when I feel like horse fodder." She mumbled.

"Oh, oh, you're one to talk, Rock of Ages, aka, Mr. Throws-me-out-the-window-once-a-week." Tony butt in. Loki ignored him as Olivia blew her nose.

"Who did you contract it from?" Loki asked.

"Think it was Barton." Olivia said, eating some of the noodles.

"I didn't know you could contract human sicknesses." Tony remarked.

"I don't understand where people get that notion. On the contrary, I think we're more susceptible to your sicknesses. Think about times in history. When the Europeans came over to America, they brought European sicknesses with them. The Natives, having no built immunity to the illnesses over years of adaptation and building the immune system, fell ill and died from these sicknesses." Loki explained.

"We have built immunity to Asgardian sicknesses we consider 'common,' like your common colds, but as we're less accustomed to your environment, we have less immunity to these things. Hence why I have a cold, but rarely contract some of our other illnesses." Olivia finished, then promptly sneezed.

"So, could you die from a cold?" Tony asked.

"Of course not. One, it's still a minor sickness, and two, we may not have immunity, but we have better antigens and healing factors than normal humans. I just need a few days." Olivia said, rolling her eyes.

"That sucks, Fury is sending a few of us to Puerto Rico to bust a large Hydra base and we could have used the dragon." Tony shrugged.

"Sorry, dragon is grounded for the time being." Loki said. He lightly pulled Olivia down once she finished eating so that her head was on his lap and covered her in a blanket, hopefully to ease her shivering.

"Loki, I don't want to get you sick..." She protested, sounding extremely congested.

"I'll get it eventually, especially with the way Barton's been going about drinking coffee straight from the pot and his heavy breathing from training, releasing his germs into the wild." Loki said, playing with a loose lock of Olivia's hair.

"Oh, gross. I'm gonna go talk with Clint." Tony said, absolutely disgusted and getting up to leave the room.

"I hate having small sinuses to begin with. Makes this bullshit so much harder." Olivia rasped, blowing her nose.

"I know, but it will be over in a few days. Just rest. No missions, no training, just rest." Loki said soothingly, stroking her hair.

"Sounds nice." Olivia mumbled, her dry lips never staying wet, no matter how much she tried.

"Stark'll get sick next, just you wait." Loki said, but Olivia didn't reply. She just snored softly, completely asleep. Loki smiled a little as he slowly eased out from under her head, replacing his lap with a pillow. He'd let her sleep, grab some cold medicine for when she woke up.