A Wife's broken heart

Confrontation of the truths

You promised me that nothing was going on with her, I questioned you about it and you said I was being silly, you lied to my face, you stood there, and bare face lied to me. If you weren't happy with me and being in this relationship why didn't you just leave, was it better for you to hurt and embarrassed me the way you did, if it was pain you wanted me to feel then believe me you have succeeded.

There is nothing worst and despicable than a liar and cheat and you seem to have conquered both. I have loved you and have given you the best of me, but you will not see the worst of me, I will not give you the satisfaction to see me in any state. You made out that I was being foolish for asking you questions about your relationship with her, you said that I shouldn't listen to the rumours or read the messages on the blogs, I trusted and believed you and I bypass all that the papers were saying, for you to just go about your business and out it, out there like you didn't have a wife and child at home, like you weren't committed to our relationship and our family.

I supported you in all your dreams and aspiration, I picked you up when you were down and brought you back from the brink of death, when you couldn't stop drinking and taking medications, when you lost your family in the accident, who was the one that was there for you to scream at, to hold you when you were weak and could hardly eat, who was the one that made sure that you didn't kill yourself, it was me, it was all me all day and all night, I gave up so much of my time and my life to make sure you didn't commit suicide, to make sure you succeed as the artist you wanted to be, to make sure you didn't squander all of your money. It was me, your wife that was there for you, it was me, your best friend that was there for you and it was me, your trusted companion that was there for you through all of it all and you decided to treat me this was as though I didn't matter to you, you didn't think twice about me when you decided to be unfaithful.

For all the hard work I put into you, the best thing I have to show for it is the child you and I brought into this world, the child we planned and wanted so badly, the child that you are now walking away from, all because you choose to go out and put it about.

where is the love and respect we said we would always show to each other, where is the commitment we promised when we stood in church and said our vows, you have given up all of this and for what, for who and what possible reason could you have for breaking up our family. whatever happened to talking and communicating our problems if we felt as though something wasn't right, you have really gone and done it now and there is no going back from this, you knew it would break my heart, but you didn't care about how I would feel, did you. All you cared about was getting your kicks and your thrills, but what would happen when I found out, did I not put it out enough for you, did I not cook for you and make sure your belly was always full before you left this place, you do not understand the pain I am feeling right now and I tired of your excuses and you saying you are sorry, because we both know you are only sorry because you got caught, if you were sorry you wouldn't have lied about it when I questioned you the first time, you wouldn't have lied about it when the magazine and blogs were posting stories of your rendezvous with her, you would have man up and be a man about it and told me the truth, you would have told me you weren't happy and you wanted out our relationship, out of our marriage and out of my life.

This is the end of it for me, for fifteen long years you have seen and had the best of me, good luck with your life and good look with your girl, I will move on and rebuild my life, though it may take some time, it was good that I didn't depend on you for everything now, it was good that I held down my job whilst I was holding down this family, I guess I failed at holding down the home right, because it didn't stop you from straying now, did it.