Service

When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God

Mosiah 2:17

Service to others is an important characteristic of a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple is willing to bear other people's burdens and to comfort those who need comfort. Often Heavenly Father will meet the needs of others through you.

There are many ways to serve others. Some of the most important service you can give will be within your own home. You can also serve in your Church assignments, school, and community. You can serve by doing temple and family history work. You can serve by sharing the gospel with others now and as a full-time missionary in the future. Often the most meaningful service is expressed through simple, everyday acts of kindness. Seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost each day to know whom to serve and how to help meet their needs. Follow the example of the Savior as you serve others.

As you devote yourself to serving others, you will draw closer to Heavenly Father. Your heart will be filled with love. You will learn that service and sacrifice are ways to overcome selfishness. You will enjoy happiness that comes only from giving service to God and others. Your capacities will increase, and you will be an instrument in God's hands to bless the lives of His children.

For the Strength of Youth: Service