Adam

I stood at the edge of the forest in my wolf form. Ahead of me was a clearing, a large one. I could see a huge house there. It was the pack's house of this now dead pack. Tears stung in my eyes as I looked around at the ground, filled with dead bodies of wolves. Men and women who fought to protect themselves and their pups.

        I shifted back and walked into the light of the setting sun. I bit back the tears and walked around. I tried to keep my eyes from the mangled bodies on the ground, but I couldn't. I'd always just end up looking at them again and it was just so painful to watch.

        I walked carefully between them, creating a trail for me to follow. I kept glancing around, hoping to maybe see someone alive yet. I crept towards the house, biting back the sobs.

        I walked in the open door of the house. At first I couldn't see anything. But the more I walked around, the more I could see pale bodies on the ground, in the pool of their own blood. Their eyes dull and wide open. I grimanced when one body was laying across a sofa. His neck artery had been bit through and he bleed to death quickly.

        I turned around from the awful sight and walked to the stairs, looking up expectantly. What horrors may I find there? I took slow steps up the stairs. Every creak the steps made, made my heart sink. I was afraid someone would hear me, in a house full of dead wolves.

        The white walls of the hallways had bloody handprints and splatters on them. It took me a lot, to keep my feet moving as I slowly stepped over the dead bodies on the ground. Some were really young and I occasionally spotted a child.

        There was one room that seemed to be the grand bedroom, meant for the Alpha and Luna. I walked in the open door and took a shocked step back. Someone had a grudge against the alpha and luna for sure. The two wolves were completely ripped appart, their blood was everywere. I could still see tears in the Luna's eyes. I noticed her gaze stuck on a closet, which had it's door slightly open.

        "Hello?" I asked out hopefully. It gave me weird chills, talking in front of the dead. "Is someone there? I'm not going to hurt you."

        I couldn't feel a scent, so it either must be a young child, or no one is there. Young wolves didn't have a scent. They would get the when they first shifted. Then they were believed to be able to protect themselves.

        I carefully walked over to the closet and took a deep shakey breath, before slowly opening the door. In the corner of the closet, sat a small boy, hugging his teddy bear to his chest. He looked up at me with teary bright green eyes. 

        I whimpered and fell on my knees before the closet. "I-I'm here to help you," I whispered to him. He looked so scared. By the blonde hair, I matched him to be the Alpha's son. He must've been like three or four years old.

        "Who are you?" he whispered. It absolutely broke my heart, hearing his strained voice.

        "My name is Kathryn. I'm a wolf," I claimed and held out my hand. He placed his hand in mine and I pulled him gently closer to me, always shielding him from the view behind me.

        "I'm Adam," he spoke.

        "We need to get out of here Adam, do you understand me?" I asked gently. He nodded, his bottom lip trembling. "I'm going to pick you up and take you out. But you need to close your eyes and keep them tightly shut, okay?"

        "Okay, Kathryn," he agreed and shut his eyes tightly. I picked him up, supporting him on my hip with one hand, with the other I held his head against my shoulder. I found a different, cleaner route down the stairs and then out of the house by the front door. I had come in by the back.

       Finally, outside of the house, I looked around to see if the coast was clear. There were no bodies outside of the house, so I set Adam on the ground and he opened his eyes.

        "Did you see anything?" I cautiously asked. He shook his head with a grim look. He looked around as well, until his eyes landed on something. I turned to look there as well and I let out an audible gasp. On the corner of the house stood two men. A whiff of air and I identified them as members of the pack that ran past me last night. 

        I picked Adam up and swung him on my back. "Hold on tightly to my fur," I ordered quickly, just as the men noticed us. I shifted under Adam and he quickly wrapped his fingers aroung my fur. 

        I took off into the woods, running away as fast as I could. I could hear Adam's heart thumping loudly and I knew the two wolves were following us. Lucky for me, I have always been faster than the average wolf, but right now, with Adam on my back, it didn't help much. From afar, I could see multiple wolves cornering us in and I had to suddenly stop in front of a large dark brown wolf.

        Adam held on tightly to me, shaking as he did. I looked around at the six beasts that were cornering us in and I growled loudly, warning them. The large dark brown wolf growled as well and every wolf flew on top of me at once, tackling me on the ground and seperating me from Adam. 

        I rolled back and mid-air I shifted back into my human form, right before I hit my head against a tree behind me. Last thing I saw was them taking Adam.