Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Cindy

They're targeting human mates, someone out there. Or at least that's the theory for now. To think of jumping from one awful life, into a possibly life threating one. No one even knows what happened to Rayna or Sarah, if they're alive. "Hey, you okay?" Evelyn asked. I had asked her for help again with the outfit for the party, but my mind was elsewhere right now.

I cleared my throat; "Yeah, I'm fine, just a lot to think about" I answered.

"I know, Ryan told me. They're working out the time to tell everyone, only a few of us know so far" She answered.

"I go back and forth thinking it is nothing, to be completely freaked out about the 'what if's' you know. I mean, maybe we're lucky and everything is nothing and nothing will happen, but what if it's the opposite" I answered. I looked down at all the dresses and other outfits she had laid out on her bed for me to look at. They were all beautiful, but I had zero focus on caring about appearances right now.

"Exactly, we never know in life, tomorrow it's this, and the next day it's something else. Life will always happen, so that's why we need to keep everyday-events important too. You can't base your day off of something you don't know for sure will happen or not. So, I think it will be good for you to just invest a little more interest in your introduction party, okay?" She asked with an encouraging smile.

The door burst open and in came Lavinia carrying a jug filled with some kind of drink and she miraculously carried 3 glasses at the same time. "Well, I don't know about the two of you, so I brought enough glasses just in case, but I could need a margarita" She said and almost slammed the jug down on Evelyn's nightstand. She had a serious look in her eyes, but she was at least sounding like herself.

"I just had a long talk with Jason about all of it, and I think he's more stressed and scared about the whole thing than I am" She answered and poured a glass and held it out for me. "You want a glass?" he asked.

"I've never tasted a margarita before" I answered. "But maybe it's good" I answered and took it.

She smiled and poured her own glass. "So how are you holding up?" She asked.

"Good I guess, nothing has exactly happened, but if they're right it's scary" I answered.

"Yeah, but hopefully nothing happens. Also praying that they find Sarah and Rayna" She answered and poured her own glass.

I carefully lifted the glass to my lips and instantly got a strong scent of the alcohol. It's not like I've never tasted the alcohol before, but I've never had the opportunity to really relax with a drink.

I took a small sip, and let it swirl over my taste buds before swallowing it. "You like it? I'm no professional bartender or anything, but I think I can at least make a decent batch" Lavinia said.

"It's good. I don't really have any reference to compare it to, but I like it" I smiled.

"Let me try too" Evelyn said, reaching for the last glass.

"If we hadn't all already lived in the same house, this should've been called a girls night, a sleepover of some sort" Lavinia laughed, plopping down on the bed, not caring at all about messing up the clothes there.

I smiled meekly; "If so, that would be my fist girls' night" I answered.

Their eyes went huge; "What, seriously?" she asked.