twelve

Peter had you stuck on his side as he continued to work on his suit. He was walled when trying to find a way to disable the drones and you suggested taser webs. He had an 'aha' moment and hands started to fly again.

"Suit done yet?" Happy checks in.

Peter nodded. "Almost..." Then it seemed realization hit his face. "What about you?" He turned to you.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "What about me?"

"You are going to help, right?" Peter said, then shook his head slightly. "Actually, I'm rethinking that. No, you stay by Happy where it's safe."

You rolled your eyes. "Fine, but if you need help, don't even bother debating whether to ask me or not."

"I'd rather have you stay out of the line of fire. I can't protect you if you're so far away." Peter said.

"Pete--" You stopped yourself and sighed. "Alright. If that's what you want."

"That's all I want. Happy!" He yelled to the front. "Do you mind keeping an eye on Y/n?"

You turned back to Peter, exasperated. "Seriously? You're getting me a babysitter?"

Peter took your hands. "Y/n L/n."  

You jumped at the sound of your full name. Never, never, has he ever called you that. You were surprised he even remembered your last name.

"As of right now, you are one of the few most precious people to me." He looked you dead in the eye. "I do not want you to rush into this fight. I almost got you killed the first time. Please. For me?"

You blushed. As much as you wanted to help, you remembered the fire elemental. Even though you knew the threats were fake, you would still freeze up at the sight. You nodded reluctantly, kissing Peter's cheek and leaving him to work again.

Not too long after, Peter's head popped out from the lab. "What do you think?" He gestured to his new suit, fabricating under the glass.

You met him at the case and beamed his way. "I like it. Sleek."

"Okay, we've closing in on London." Happy called from the cockpit.

Peter nodded curtly your way, determined as he suited up. He climbed onto the exterior of the plane, much to your dissent. Happy called you to the cockpit.

"Here, have this," Happy handed you a earpiece. "It's connects the three of us."

You bobbed your head, taking the comm. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear!" Peter yelled. You winced, but grinned and thumbs-upped his way from the windshield.

Your heart leapt into your throat when you watched him jump from the plane and down towards the ground. You groaned to yourself, sitting in the co-pilot's seat. "That boy is going to be the death of me, I swear..." You muttered to yourself, smiling when Happy chuckled. You guys landed and proceeded to find where your class was to get them to safety.

"There they are, Happy." You whispered pointing to where Betty, Flash, Ned, MJ, and Brad were strolling despite the overcast skies. Happy nodded, strutting over there and talking to them. You tried to spy on them from afar, as they would recognize you instantly. 

"You work for Spiderman?!" Flash said, awestruck.

"I work WITH Spiderman, not FOR Spiderman!!" Happy snapped, ushering them to the jet. You almost burst out laughing and blow your cover.

Then the jet blew up. You gasped and flinched. Guess that's out. Your head snapped up to see an strike drone, scuttling away. You growled. Beck was abusing Edith.

"Back the other way!" Happy said, urging them the other way to a building. You were about to turn around to follow them but was just in pure shock and terror when your eyes laid upon the gigantic new elemental that appeared. You couldn't believe something fake could look so real.

You started to sprint after Happy and the others but gusting wind forced you back, into another building. You hoped Beck wouldn't go after this one. If you were struggling to even walk  when the elemental wasn't even focused on you, how was Peter doing? Your throat constricted at the thought.

Then your eyes twinkled with an idea; the comms. Why hadn't you thought of that before? "Peter," You whispered, hard of hearing because of the rush of people running and screaming.

"Y/n, are you okay? What are you--" Peter's immediate response warmed your heart.

"I'm fine, I just got separated from Happy. Don't worry!" You quickly added. "I'm under shelter."

Knowing Peter, you knew he would be pissed  with you after. After he had looked at you so pleadingly and begged for you to stay safe? You sucked in a breath between closed teeth.

"Y/n," He said, strained. "Didn't I tell you--"

"I know, I know!" You hid your face in your hands, even though he wasn't anywhere near you. "I'm sorry, I was thrown back with all the wind..." 

He must've heard your distress through your voice, because he was less harsh. "Uhh--" He sighed. "It's fine, just stay where you are. Don't move." The intensity and the low growl that rooted itself in those last two words made you shiver and wish he was next to you.

You mumbled a simple 'okay' and imagined how Happy would react to this whole conversation. Teenagers arguing, and him hearing everything? Teenagers scrambling around him, questioning him on everything? You grinned to yourself, sheepish and expectant of a rant when you met up again.

You peeked outside and saw the elemental's image dissipating. You slunk back against the marble walls, relieved that at least Peter's plan was working. Soon, this will all be over and you could go home and--

"Ah, Y/n. I've been looking all over for you."

Your spine straightened at the sound of the voice, dreading who it was. You brought yourself to look up at none other than Mysterio, except he was in a grey suit... probably a CGI one.

You almost forgot you had an earpiece, again. "Guys, help, Beck's found me--"

Beck ripped out the comm from your ear, crushing it. "No snitching." 

You gulped, watching the pieces of the comm fall to the floor.

"I need your help." Quentin kneeled down to your trembling form. "It won't hurt, promise. I told you, I really do like you. No hard feelings?" He held out a hand.

You didn't want to give in, use the easy way out. You knew if you refused Beck would take you forcefully, but if you came willingly... Maybe you could snatch Edith when he was preoccupied. It wouldn't be easy and you'd have to time it right, but... 

You sighed. "I guess there is not much of a choice, huh?" You gave him a weak smile, taking his hand and allowing him to hoist you up.

"That's my girl." He chuckled and you both snuck onto an overpass together.

You tried to steady your breathing, but you could only feel heartache when you saw Peter's betrayed look when he saw you siding with Beck.