The Carnival

Re-read the last chapter before this one!

Ahhhh it's been so long!
Writers block, distractions and life in general has been kicking me in the ass and has also been very good. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and you might wanna go re-read the last few chapters to refresh your mind on what's going on since it's been a while.

———————————

I checked my phone to see Stella had texted me telling me she was outside of my house. I gave myself a outfit check in the mirror before heading out. I was wearing faded blue jeans with a purple tank top and Sandals. I mean it was just the Carnival we were going to after all so it was no need to get dressed up.

My mind began to take me back to earlier this week and how everything has been going to crazy. From me loosing my best friend to Justin and me finding a new friend who happened to be Carter's secret sister was just not registering in my brain quite well. I was still shook even though it was days later.

I tried to rid my brain of any of my worries as I headed downstairs saying bye to my parents as I headed out of the door. I had to have fun tonight, I've been too stressed and emotional lately and it's time for a change. Even if it was just for a night.

"Hey" I smiled while getting into Stella's car.
She was was wearing her red hair into a high ponytail while wearing shorts and a tank top as well.
"Hey." she smiled back while pulling away from my house. "I'm so pissed, my brother wants me to stay out tonight because he's having company and my mom isn't home because she went to the Bahamas with one of her boyfriends." She gripped the steering wheel and rolled her eyes. "I'm so sick of him always bossing me around and telling me what to do."

I rolled my eyes as well. "Tell me about it. You should see how I live, my parents always travel out of town for work, and since Daniel is older they always leave him in charge, and he constantly bosses me around and  brings his little clique over the house."

Stella momentarily looked at me with her eyes raised. "Wow." She replied. "We have some great lives don't we." She joked and I laughed. "Yup."

As we arrived at the back of the school I watched in awe at how spread out they had the carnival compared to last year. It was like the entire town was here. The line to get in was very long and it was twice as many rides as before. The sun was just about setting so all the rides were lit up and it looked pretty great out here. I was growing more and more excited by the second.
After we parked we quickly got out of the car and walked toward the line. "We'll probably be standing in this line for the entire night trying to get in." Stella complained while sizing up the line.

"Come with us then." A voice announced.
Stella and I both turned to the left of us and I immediately rolled my eyes.
Carter, Michael, Daniel and of course Justin was standing there right with Melissa on the side of him. It was Carter who spoke to us.
"Uh no thanks, we would rather wait." I told them and turned back around.
Stella laughed at me and I smirked and folded my arms.
"Oh come on Lana." Carter suddenly approached me. He kept walking forward until he was standing directly in front of me. "I'm not saying you have to stay with us all night, let me just get you and your friend in for free then you can go do whatever it is you wanna do." He smiled at me with gentle eyes as he waited for me response. Wow he wasn't going to acknowledge that my "little friend." Was his sister? That was so weird and confirmed to me further that at school, they pretended to not know each other.

"She said no Carter so drop it." Daniel yelled out. I noticed he didn't like when Carter talked to me which is why I suddenly contemplated letting him let us in. Stella nudged the side of me letting me know she was okay with them letting us in So I guess I was gonna have to let him.