chapter nineteen - ruel's perspective

As our lips finally break apart, neither of us know what to say. We just stare into each other's eyes.
"Oh shit," I whisper finally, and I'm grinning.
"I guess you're not that bad a kisser," Leo replies, smirking.
"Could say the same about you," I reply.
"Well then you may as well kiss me again."
But I already am doing so. I kiss her rougher. More carelessly. Leo wraps her arms around me, pulling me closer to her. I have butterflies in my stomach. We're really getting into it when the door opens. We break apart in alarm. I see Coco standing in the doorway.
"Oh my god..." She says, grinning.
"Who is this, Ruel?" Leo asks, shocked. Her face scrunches up with confusion. She probably thinks that Coco is my girlfriend or something.
"This is Coco," I say, laughing at Leo's concern. It's so cute. Then I add, "And Coco this is Leo my..." I don't really know what we are, but luckily Coco rescues me by cutting me off.
"So you're the girl Ruel has been up all night writing songs about for the past month!" Coco says and I blush. So does Leo.
"Really?" Leo says quietly, her beautiful eyes sparkling. But she must still be a bit confused because she asks, "So are you his um..."
"Don't worry, I'm just his sister," Coco says.
I see Leo's eyes flood with relief. I cup her jaw and turn her head towards me so her eyes are focused on me and I say, "Trust me Leo, you have nothing to worry about, because baby I'm all yours."

I would kiss Leo again right now if my sister wasn't standing in the doorway watching us.
Coco clears her throat, "Anyway, I'm making chicken and avocado wraps, so would you like to stay for lunch with us Leo?"
Leo looks at me, then says, "Sure, if you want me to, Ruel?"
"Of course!" I reply, "Yes, yes, yes a thousand times yes!"
"Great, now I'll just leave you two to making me a niece or nephew or whatever," Coco says cheekily with a laugh. Leo looks shocked but laughs too.
"Bye Coco," I say, shutting the door behind her.
"Chicken and avocado wraps are my favourite," Leo says happily.
"Well you're my favourite," I reply, and I place my hands on her cheeks and pull her lips onto mine. She's just so irresistible. Now that I can finally kiss her I'm going to make the most of it. She wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me closer to her, brushing her lips across my face, down my neck. She stops and looks into my eyes, studying them.
"What?" I ask, craving her lips back on my skin.
"It was worth it," Leo replies.
"What was?"
"Losing Zac. I loved him, but... It never felt like this."
I gaze at her, wanting her to keep talking.
"I have never felt like this before. You're just so different then all the others," Leo says softly.
"That's exactly how I felt about you when I met you," I reply, "And exactly how I feel now."

Coco calls us down for lunch and I introduce Leo to all my family. I am so happy she is getting along with everyone so well. I am so happy that I can finally be with her. I am so happy that she finally likes me back. I am so happy that I finally feel okay. I think I forgot what that felt like.