Chapter 35

Chapter 35

After making sure the microphones and headphones were okay, stepmother left the room. Of course, she locked me up. Unfortunately, you couldn't open the door from the inside, so I was trapped.

Even in the room I could hear screams and cheers loud and clear. BTS was on stage right now. They sang and danced their souls out of their bodies. The audience first wanted to see one of the most famous and popular bands before Eunbi goes on stage and pulls off her show. For a while I have been thinking about singing extra bad or not. If I did it, I would have to expect consequences and if I don't, the lies will never be revealed.

Sighing, I warmed up my voice with a few exercises and then sang a short song. While holding the microphone in my hand all the time, I kept staring at it from time to time, because it's as good as the first time I held a real microphone in my hand. Although I will not be on stage right away, I'm starting to get more nervous and nervous. It's not like my step-sister is singing. She just has to play like Sweet Charry for her to buy the lie.

A moment later, I could hear BTS bringing their last song across the stage. The more they came to an end, the louder it became in the hall. Sometimes I could hear protests from ARMYs. They clearly wanted them to sing more songs. "It will start soon", I murmured before me. My hands started to get wet and my heart beat against my chest. Oh god, oh god! What if I get lost ... or even get no sound out?

To shake off my negative thoughts, I shook my head, causing me to feel slightly dizzy. I pinched my eyes tight and tried to calm myself by taking a couple of deep breaths. After a few seconds, luckily it worked, otherwise I would get a seizure. Everything would only make it worse for me, because then I can't sing. I hit my head because I didn't want to think about it. I would much rather concentrate on not forgetting the text. I don't know if I would get a blackout, so I grabbed a notepad, which laid around and wrote down the text with a pen. Better safe than sorry!

Suddenly I hear the voice of a group member of BTS talking. It was Taehyung, he said to the audience, "I see you have liked this day. We all know why you have been here not because of us but because of ... SWEET CHARRY!! One of the most successful singer in YouTube. Her covers, her voice are just fabulous. In a short time she has won more than a million subscribers in YouTube. I am also a fan of her ... Long enough talked, now we come to the climax of the day. HERE IS SWEET CHARRY!!"

This was followed by the cheering and screaming of fans. This time it was the fans of Sweet Charry. Even though it was not for me, I was glad that I could hear my fans. My fans liked me for my voice and covers and not what I look like. I hope it would never end, even if I showed my face.

Anyway, today's I will change my life. It depends on me in which direction it will be. Either I will continue to live suppressed or finally free myself from the clutches of my stepfamily.

I didn't hear Eunbi start talking into the microphone because a beep from my cell phone stopped me. Without hesitation, I looked at the message. "It's Areum!!", I exclaimed happily and hopped happily in the room. Luckily, no one could see me acting like crazy. If anyone had seen it, I would have liked to sink to the ground in shame. Areum wrote me a nice message: Hey (Y/N), I've done it successfully. I'm currently in the BigHit building looking for you. No matter where I asked, no one knows where you are at the moment and I doubt that you're on stage. So where are you?

Immediately I told her my stay and waited impatiently for a sign from her. Please, please let me find you!! I could hear a loud knock, which to my surprise drowned out the cheering and screaming. Full of hope, I ran to the door and put my ear on it to hear better. "(Y/N) are you inside?" I heard Areum asking behind the door. "Yes, yes! Can you somehow open the door, please", I pleaded hopefully and took a step backwards. Not that the door bangs against my nose when it opens. I didn't feel like carrying a bloody nose.