Chapter 31

Chapter 31

What I found in it made tears rise in my (E/C) eyes. This time it was not tears of sadness but of touch and gratitude to my deceased father. He had left me something very important, after what my stepmother put so much effort into getting it in her fingers. It was a hint to the hiding place of the will. My father had changed it shortly before his death without the knowledge of his wife. As if he knew that he wouldn't have long to live.

In the note was written:

For my beloved daughter, Lee (Y/N),

if you read this, I have died or you have destroyed your guitar anyway. With the help of the keys you will find my will and a few things more in a locker with 108. You will find the locker in Busan. The address is: xxx-xxx.

No matter where I am, I will always take care of you. "Never give up, because you never know how close you are to your goal."

Your loving father

With the knowledge to be able to do something about my stepmother and Eunbi, I drew new strength with the will. "That's good news, (Y/N). Now we can do a move against your cruel stepfamily!", Areum yelled loud, that I could hear a cry from stepmother. Quickly, we packed all the things back in the envelope and then I pressed it Areum on the chest. "Please quickly bring it far away from them to safely from stepmother and Eunbi", I asked her a favor. I want never my stepmother to get the envelope. "I will do", Areum hissed, nodding softly. We looked at each other in horror as we heard approaching footsteps, which grew louder with each step.

"Hurry up!" I called frantically to Areum and shoved her in the direction of the window. "You can count on me", she said in such a firm voice that I had never heard her say before. After that, she disappeared out the window and into the freedom, what I long for today as never before in my life. Immediately I closed the window behind her and put myself away from it to avoid unnecessary suspicion.

All of a sudden, the door came open and thundered against the wall. The sound echoed loudly in my room. Because of the sound and the appearance of my stepmother, I flinched. She stood before me like an angry devil. Now all I have to do is image her with goat horns and a tail. "WHO IS HERE?" She yelled at me. "Nobody", I lied to her without hesitation. I would never let myself or Areum run into the open knife. I would rather eat thousands of snails. "Oh yes? Somehow funny that I don't believe you a word. Do not you think so?", she growled at me almost like a dog. Her hands quickly found their way on my arms, which were cold. The artificial fingernails, which she keeps getting renewed, pierced my skin painfully, and the pressure was not amenity either. Surely I would get bruised from it. I was tired of getting several injuries from stepmother or Eunbi. My mental wounds through my stepfamily were already a challenge to handle.

"If you don't believe me, look around here and make your own picture", I hissed through clenched teeth. Stepmother let go of me on the spot and went to the closet on the spot and tore it open. With relief to get rid of her fingernails, I sighed deeply. The spot where her nails were, I rubbed gently over it and looked at it sadly. Because of their nails, I now have crescent-shaped imprints on my arms.

Silently I watched her as she rummaged through my closet and threw some clothes behind her. "Do you think you can hide your friend from me?", she claimed, not paying any attention to me as long as she messed my closet. "That's unnecessary!", it came from me with rolling my eyes. "When you're about to look everywhere, look under the bed. Who knows, maybe I hid a boy there", I laughed, getting braver. Why do I get more courageous? - Quite simply, I can finally do something about her soon then I will show will of my father.

"Shut up, stupid goose! Do you think seriously a boy would ever deal with you? Certainly not, he would never enter this room. Better fix this room. Who knows we'll be expecting a TV crew or photographer tomorrow? Surely they want to get a picture of Eunbis life then. After that, we'll just be flooded with fans, commercials, or even get involved in a movie", she proudly praised the future that she and her daughter could expect. However, I would know all this to prevent, but I would have to first after the plan. Although I have a rough idea, but I would need the help of Areum, Mika and Suri. I hope very much for their support as soon as Areum has told them everything and they understand me, why I kept everything to myself.

Although I had no desire to pursue her request, I still picked up the clothes, because I still want to see what I could wear at the concert. Despite everything I want to look good, even if no one will pay attention to me at first. I would never be so dirty and dirty-headed ever to go into the BigHit building. Much more I would be thrown out immediately as I try to take a step into the building.

Without properly listening to stepmother, she kept babbling about the possible impending success of her daughter. When she was sure no one was here, she went to the door and opened it. Standing under the doorframe, she turned to me and commanded with a threatening undertone, "I'll tell you just once. Go sleep. I don't want your voice to fail and make my daughter the laughter number all over Korea." She didn't even wait for my answer, but slammed the door behind her and the worst was that she had locked it.

"Not again", I murmured and ran to the door to be sure that I had not imagined it. "Great, just great", I growled ironically and sat down on the bed and looked over to the window. Purely theoretically, I could like Areum disappear through the window, but where could I go afterwards? Without biscuit, I would not go anywhere and nowhere. Stepmother certainly knows several bad people who would harm me or someone who is close to me.

The tiredness slowly spread over my entire body. These days have left much more traces than I initially thought. "Even though I don't like to admit it, I'm a bit stunted and I'm so tired", I whispered to myself and went to bed without changing my clothes. Even if it is unhygienic, I don't have much strength to change clothes. "Never give up, because you never know how close you are to your goal", I whispered to myself and smiled while thinking about my father. After that I fell asleep.