Part Seven

I was making breakfast while Lykos took a shower. I blushed as I though of what happened only hours before. I had never felt this way before about anyone. He made my heart flutter strangely. Honestly, I had felt it for a few days, but I thought it was anger. It wasn't.
I heard the drawer open. I turned around to see Lykos there, a deep blush on his face, getting out silverware. I set the plate of eggs down on the table and went over to Lykos. "Mornin' sunshine." I said to him as I jumped up into the counter. He looked over to me. His face lit up. "Hey." He said with a big smile. "How'd you sleep?" He asked me. "Like a baby." He walked over to the table and set the silverware.... neatly. He never did that.
     I hoped down from the counter and  took a seat. "A friend of mine is having a dinner tonight. I was thinking we could go, you know." Lykos looked over to me. "Yeah. Yeah, I think that'd be fun." Lykos picked up his cup, drank some, and put it back down. Something was off about him.
     " We don't have to if you don't want to. We could stay in." Lykos was quick to shake his head. "I want to go, I just-" "Did I do something wrong?" "No, and please dont think you did. I..." He took a deep breath. "Ijustwantyoutolikemethesamewayilikeyou." We stayed silent for a moment. "So you're trying to be more polite.... so I'll like you more?" Lykos opened his eyes as I began to laugh. "You know you're so dumb sometimes." "W-what?" I went over to him and kissed him on the cheek. "Just because you're some prince, doesn't mean I like formal guys." Lykos had a deep cherry blush on his face. "You're so cute when you blush pup." Lykos giggled. "Awww." "Shut up." He told me.

We were walking back from dinner. We were laughing as we came back to the apartment. We walked in, I turned on the light. Then I saw him. He was sitting at the table. His arms were folded across his chest. His eyes were dead, staring at me. My brother was sitting there. Hands folded across his chest. His dead eyes staring at me. On his belt was the dagger that my parents got him when he turned 18.
     I stepped in front of Lykos as I looked at him. "Hey sis." He said to me. "What do you want Nathan?" "Oh, so I'm Nathan now. Not bubba." I heard a low grown behind me. I ignored it; keeping my eyes on my brother.
     "You see, I came here because father needed you to track, but when I came here smelling a Lycanthrope, I knew that were had become even more of a decrease." The growl got louder. I put my hand over Lykos'. "And hello to you too Prince Lykos. Say, did you use protection with my sister?"
     Nathan stood up from the chair and took out his blade. "Do you know what this is, Aztec?" I didn't respond. Nathan walked around the kitchen table to stand directly in front of us. "Mother and father got this for me... 9 years ago. It can kill any Lycanthrope." He pointed the blade at me. "Do you really think that I would spare-" he pointed the blade at Lykos. "You're little boyfriend?"
     I could feel the anger rise inside of me. My tail, ears, claws and fangs were all out now by my own will. Nathan walked closer to us. "You had so much potential Aztec. You could have been a queen. But instead you chose to go to art school." The blade was inches away from me now. The tension in the room was building quickly. "It doesn't matter know. Cause the next time I see father, I'll deliver your heads."
     I stepped closer to my brother. "Or maybe I'll have yours." He laughed at my remark. "You never were a fighter Aztec. No..." Nathan walked past me. "I want the prince to fight me like the dog he is. Because that's all he'll ever be." Lykos looked at me, then back to my brother. "Or, I could just kill Aztec.  But where's the fun in that?" I was scared for a moment. Lykos couldn't be considering this. He just couldn't be.
     Lykos stepped closer to my brother. "Is that really how selfish you are. Willing to give up your own flesh and blood. For what?" No, no, no. Lykos should not be playing this game. "Pride?" Lykos stepped closer. "Honor." And closer. "Or maybe it's because you can't stand the idea of not being king." The blade was touching  his chest. His heartbeat wasn't speeding up. He was calm. Why was he calm?!
     Nathan started pressing the blade deeper into Lykos. It seemed to play it slow motion for a moment.

Nathan brought the blade out of him. Only a few drops of blood were on his dagger. He flipped the knife in his hand.

I could feel my body move to Lykos.

Nathan positioned the blade to go straight into his stomach.

I slid between Lykos and Nathan.

The blade pierced my chest.
I stared into my brother's eyes as he impaled my chest. Inches away from my heart now. I look up to Lykos. His eyes were red in anger. His clawed hand about to rip out Nathan's throat.  

.......

Darkness