25 - Diagon Alley

_____________

 NARCISSA DIDN'T KNOW   how to deal with the news. The Queen was dead and that meant that Ella was an orphan. For hours she thought of ways to prevent all of that from happening. Though it seemed like it was inevitable; if Narcissa couldn't keep her own son safe, then how was she supposed to protect someone she didn't know?

Draco seeing Ella meant danger not only for the young girl, but also for the Malfoy family. They were just kids, the same thoughts vibrated in her head, overpowering the negative ones. She knew what kind of mother Rose was; Ella deserved more than some pathetic letter. Narcissa sighed, realizing that she couldn't let the young woman die just like that. She promised to protect her. 

Nodding at her thoughts, Narcissa got dressed and chose that she would've talked to her son throughout the day.

_____________

Ella woke up at the light that was creeping in the guest room and as she wanted to go back to sleep, the door opened loudly making her groan.

"Good morning, my sunshine! Or my snowflake. I'm not going to serve you breakfast in bed, because I'm not an elf—", the Princess laughed at his words and opened one eye to take a look at him.

"But I will bring you to the room where breakfast is served and then we're going to Diagon Alley because I have a few things to do.", Draco smiled proudly as he explained his plans for the day, but her following reaction made him snort in irritation. She fell asleep again.

"Wake up, Princess!", he threw himself on top of her, making her yelp weakly.

"Are you going to wake up, now? We have breakfast, baby. And then snow—", Ella quickly escaped his weight making him fall on the floor, painfully. She crawled towards the edge and looked at him with a small smile on her lips and immediately thought of a joke.

As Draco pretended to be hurt - or dead - Ella decided to try something that Dumbledore encouraged her to try: freeze something with her mind only, and the object she thought of first, was Draco's perfectly styled hair.

The Princess walked towards the wardrobe backwards, still concentrated on the small task and at the same time looked at his hair, trying to see if any changes started to show. As the young man sat on her bed, his hair had a light glistening protection. Ella could only chuckle and lightly smooth the little dress she had on, as Draco gave her a slight confused expression.

"What are you laughing at?", Ella continued to chuckle - a little louder this time - and mentally high fived herself, proud that she succeeded. Draco rolled his eyes and stood up to look at himself in the mirror and as soon as he saw his reaction he cursed out loud.

"I look like Jack Frost.", Ella walked to stand beside him, wrapped an arm around his shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"Who is Jack Frost?", asked the Princess and leaned her head on his suit covered shoulder. Draco started running his hands through the ice, successfully melting it, and blushed lightly at her words.

"Nobody, darling. Get ready, I'll come and get you in a couple of minutes."

_____________

"What do you need here?", the snow wasn't that visible on the streets, yet it was too cold for their liking. Hand in hand they walked in that magic world that Ella lived in her whole life, yet knew nothing about the dark parts of it.