chapter 20

| ara's point of view

My body suddenly became tense. I could feel the hairs on my arms rise up. I lifted my head up from his chest and my eyes met his worried ones. Aside from the fact that I was shocked, I was confused, "W-what...do you mean?"

He closed his mouth and stared at me strongly. His arms were still wrapped around me tightly, almost like if he let go I would run away and never come back. He had a hard time trying to process words but he finally breathed out, "We knew each other when we were little kids, Ara...and let's just say I've been in love with you ever since."

I kept my gaze in his eyes as the rain still fell from above. I blinked a few times before saying, "I don't understand....how did we know each other?"

"You see...." He fiddled with his fingers, "We used to do everything together. That was until you got into a car accident and forgot half of your memory which caused you to not remember your childhood, that included me and....." he paused slowly while looking down.

I looked curiously at him, ".....and?"

His sad eyes turned into nervous ones when he looked back up at me, "Kookheon."

My eyes froze at him.

Kookheon?

"I don't...." I abruptly stopped while trying to process everything he was saying, "How can this be true....I.....we were best friends? But then I forgot you after losing my memory.....and now for some odd reason here we are together again? A-and Kookheon...how?"

Seungwoo chewed at his lips, "Fate. I don't know what else brought us all back together except fate." He didn't let me speak as he continued, "Kookheon and I just grew apart once you forgot about us. We didn't see a reason to stay friends if you weren't around. And me being the selfish idiot I was, I didn't even try to help you remember who I was."

I stayed quiet. He went on, "I thought maybe if I learned to forget you, everything will go back to normal but it didn't. I became someone I wasn't...and I knew the only thing I needed to become myself again was you because Ara you make me who I am....you make me so happy."

"Why didn't you just come find me and help me? Why did you leave if you cared about me so much....?" I asked him.

His red eyes looked up at me, "Because....I didn't want to break your heart, again."

I tilted my head, "Again?"

He sighed, "It was the start of high school, before your accident....you asked me out and I rejected you. My stupid teenage self rejected you because I was scared that I wasn't good enough for you. I was madly in love with you Ara....I didn't want to break you again after you finally forgot me. Yes, it hurt, it hurt so fucking much when you didn't know who I was but at least you weren't heartbroken...and hanging out with a fuckboy like me."

My eyes stared at his in disbelief as I shook my head, "What are you saying? Sure, 14 year old me would have been heartbroken over something like that but I, and I'm saying this with the little bit of memory I have, would never regret being friends with you."

He closed his eyes and breathed out, "I wish I knew that back then...I just thought maybe you would be happier without me in your life. Kookheon wanted to try and help you tho, but he had to move towns so he didn't even get the chance to. He was a better friend to you then I ever was."

My hand went to his and I immediately intertwined our fingers, "Don't say that. I might not remember anything from when we were kids but seeing you now is enough proof to show me that you are the most amazing friend I have ever had."

His hand came out of mine and he put it on my cheek before pulling me closer to him and connecting our lips softly. I responded quickly, letting my shock drift away. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than I could imagine.

He finally pulled his face away from mine but kept our foreheads touching, "Ara I don't ever want to lose you again."

I smiled lightly at him, "Then don't."

"I don't know if that's possible with Kookheon around." He mumbled quietly so I wouldn't hear but I heard only the first part.

"What?" I asked him.

His eyes widened and he just smiled it off, "Nothing."

I pulled away from him and tried to process everything, "So...you and Kookheon were keeping this secret from me all along?"

Seungwoo gave me a guilty look, "Well when you say it like thaaaat...let's say we were just hiding a small tiny fact about you."

I glared at him, "I don't appreciate that. This is all way too overwhelming."

And then it hit me

The picture I saw in his bedroom.

That was

Me?

"Seungwoo..." I said, "Those pictures in your room...I happened to stumble across one and it had two boys and a girl in it, a girl that looked very similar to me...was that us?"

Seungwoo's face froze as he looked shocked, "O-oh...you saw that?"

I nodded and he responded, "Yes actually, that's us. We were so young and naive at the time." He laughed lightly.

I took in a deep breath and my body was still shaking from the cold rain falling on us. Seungwoo noticed this and immediately took my arm before lifting me up and carrying me back to his house, "You're gonna get sick with all this rain, fuck."

I yelped as he lifted me but then giggled in his chest, "Hey don't worry about that, I got a strong immune system."

We reached his house and he walked in, going right for the stairs. Once we got to his room door, he kicked it open while walking over to his bed and setting me down, "Put that blanket on I'll be right back." He said.

I sunk into his covers and soaked in the warmth while admiring his familiar scent. He came back in less then a second with a coffee mug in his hand, "Drink this, it's hot and it'll be good for your throat."

He sat himself down next to me and I took the cup from his hands, sipping the piping hot chocolate he made, "This is the cutest thing ever."

He smiled widely, "It's nothing, now get some sleep because we have to be ready to get killed tomorrow for not finishing our project."

My eyes widened and I spit out my drink, "WHAT?"

He didn't seem fazed by my outburst but instead, seemed annoyed as he wiped the hot chocolate off of his face, "Ew."

I placed the cup on his bedside table and got out of his bed, "Seungwoo we have to finish it! Are you crazy?"

He rolled his eyes before coming over to me and snaking his arms around my waist while resting his head on my shoulder, "Why are you so worried? Let's just cuddle instead."

Before I could respond to him we suddenly heard knocking from downstairs. We both shared a look before going down the stairs to get the front door. Seungwoo swiftly opened the door and there we saw a shivering, wet Seungyoun. But the thing that caught my eye was the blood dripping down his lip.