| 23 |

Fryer woke up with a smile on his face when he remembered the events of last night. His smile widened when he saw his hands wrapped around Elena's sleeping figure. He moved her hair away from her shoulder and planted a small kiss followed by another and then another.

He felt Elena giggle under his touch and turned around to face him, "that's one way to wake up."

Fryer didn't reply but instead placed his lips over hers and gave her small peck.

When he pulled back, he found Elena pouting at him, "that's it? That's all I get?"

"What else did you want?"

"I was thinking of something similar to last night, " she gave him a mischievous grin.

Fryer raised an eyebrow, "someone is being horny."

"Oh please, I have been virgin my whole life, of course, I'll be horny when I finally get a massive hunk like yourself," she rolled her eyes and instantly laughed when Fryer got over her.

"If that's what you ask for," he gave her a devilish laugh.

"I was joking," she cried out, "I was seriously joking. I really need to go. Elestren must be looking for me."

"Too late for excuses when you were the one who suggested in the first place,"

"But I..." Fryer didn't let her continue as he crashed his lips over hers in a fierce kiss. Her soft lips moved along with his, though none of them were experts, the kiss they shared was beyond what they had ever experienced.

However, this kiss reminded Elena of the reality she soon had to face even when she wanted nothing but to stay in his arms for all her life. Yet they had to part ways as that was the only way she could protect the man she loved.

"Fryer," she said into the kiss, "let's go on a date."

Fryer pulled away for the kiss and gave her a look, "wasn't I supposed to ask this?"

"Come on, sexist beast," Elena pushed him away with a laugh. Fryer fell beside her and laughed along with her.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked.

"Far away," Elena said, holding another meaning behind her words yet Fryer didn't catch it.

He sat up and looked at her, "then you better get ready because we have a long way to drive."

☾•

"I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive

Rain on me, rain...."

Their voices yelled together jamming to the song that was playing on the radio. They have been driving for two hours now. Now on a lone road with nothing but vast flower fields on either side, the two had continued to dance to multiple songs that played on the radio.