C20. It Serves Her Right!

After returning to campus, He Bai had Yang Fu's photographs sketchily retouched. Then he asked Niu Junjie out for a late-night snack. "Have you bumped into Liu Huanhuan?" Niu Junjie stopped gnawing chicken wings and emerged grim-faced while asking it. He dropped his eyes and said evasively, "Well, it doesn't matter. What you need to do is nothing but pretend unacquaintance."

"I wish I could, but she herself accosted me." He Bai bought him a bottle of orange juice, took the beer in front of him away and gave a brief account of what had happened today, persuading him, "You hope to have no entanglement with her, while she should bear no grudge and try to strike up conversation with your friend. Today she came across me, and maybe tomorrow she would meet another friend of yours? Your dad has a wide range of business interests, and many of your friends are of great ability. Be on the alert for her, and you can't go wrong."

In the previous incarnation, when Liu Huanhuan was reduced to dire straits, she came back to seek Niu Junjie's help. Good-hearted, Niu asked one of his friends to give her a hand. However, both he and his friend who had a fiancée then were all entangled by Liu Huanhuan, which almost led to the martial breakdown of the two. Therefore, person like Liu Huanhuan was definitely a bomb that would explode at any time, and it's better to be far away from her.

Niu Junjie frowned on hearing it, and then nodded after some thinking. Giving a self-deprecating smile, he replied, "I get it, thank you for reminding me. As for Liu Huanhuan, I'll handle her myself. My mind wasn't in the right place before. Judging from her character, she wouldn't behave herself until she came to grief and learned a lesson. When she was in a relationship with me, she had two-timed me for many times... Well, let's drop it. How's your part-time job? Was she spoiling your work?

"No, she wasn't." He Bai narrowed his eyes, smiling, and continued the topic, "I messed her scheme up instead, and her plot to spoil another girl's photographing had fallen through." Niu Junjie looked stunned and then burst out laughing, patting He Bai's shoulder hard, "Good job, my bro! Help yourself and order whatever you'd like--my treat!"

The shooting took two days. Next day He Bai went to the park again and offered his help. This time he got no opportunity to take photographs himself but kept running errands all the while. Standing at the periphery of the crowd, he had been watching Ma Xingtong and his nephew put on an act by displaying their attachment to each other. Ma Xingtong taught Ma Qun something, and the latter flattered his uncle.

Afterwards, he went straight back to campus and hurried a meal. Then he sorted out the pictures he snapped, sent them to Xu Yinrong's mailbox as his homework, and searched Yang Fu's photos out for final retouching. At eleven o'clock in the evening, the work was eventually done. Rubbing his eyes, He Bai sent the photographs to Li Ru's mailbox, climbed into the top of the bunk and reclined on the bed.

As a new week began, the Department of Journalism entered the period of exam preparation. After rebirth, He Bai became poor at study, so he had no other choice but to make every effort to review his lessons, during which he was almost completely unplugged except answering the calls. Throughout the day he buried himself in the reference books to revise for his lessons like crazy.

Di Qiuhe checked his WeChat message for countless times, but still received no reply from He Bai. Subsequently, his excitement and astonishment at the word "blow you a kiss" were all replaced by a feeling of anger.

"I'll be damned if I send MORNING to you again!" Di Qiuhe stuffed his phone into the pants pocket with a scowl, took out his schedule under the script and circled a variety show. Since the previous contract was rescinded and the lead-up to his film had begun, it's time to make relevant information public and lay a trap for his step-mother.