The Casting Couch

Hi !

I wrote this story about a young aspiring actress and how far she would go for fame. Will she fall for another mans seduction while her boyfriend is just outside the door ? Read to find out !

Please vote and comment, I love feedback, good or bad, as I'm still learning the art of writing, a passion of mine which I hope to improve every day!

Enjoy !

xoxo

GG

The Casting Couch

Chapter 1

“Jess would you hurry up, you’re going to be late!”

Gosh ,Michael, do you think I don’t know that. Jess bit down on her lower lip in irritation. Michael nagged her constantly. If it wasn’t about her lateness, it was about her dress style, her mannerisms, her everything. Nothing she did ever pleased him.

Michael and Jess had known eachother since kindergarten. Their mothers were best friends, so naturally they became close. Little did they know that during thei senior high school years, they would start dating - thus fulfilling the cliche of highschool sweethearts. Fast forward four years later, and they had decided to move to Los Angeles from New Jersey to pursue acting careers.

Michael was a typical jock, blond haired, blue eyed, muscular - everything a popular high school jock was supposed to be. He looked like a golden haired Adonis to Jess’ dark, olive skinned Venus. Her dark, jet black hair falling to her waist in impossible waves were in stark contrast to his golden sunshine. Her head cheerleader status complimented his star quarterback role - a story ripped straight from many a teenage romantic comedy.

How did she get herself into this cliched, sterotypical bubble. Why couldn’t she just have said no the first time he asked her out as his girlfriend. Obligation, history, their mothers influence, she would never know.

Jess quickly combed the mass of her hair , then slicked some lip gloss ontp her lips, a quick coat of jet black mascara on her eyelashes and her face was done. She normally didn’t wear make up for castings, casting directors preferred to see potential actresses in their most natural state. She however had to emphasise her best features which were her cat like hazel green eyes and plump lips. She smoothed down the bottom of her black, knee length sheer styled shift dress and slipped her feet into her black stillettos. She grabbed her black cotton blazer and pulled it over. It was slightly chilly this evening. Taking one last look in the mirror - hoping she looked the part - she stepped out to meet Michael who was waiting in the car for her.

“I swear Jess, sometimes I wonder if you really want this. You have to pray that we make it to that casting on time”

“Relax Mr. Danes, we still have time, just avoid Sunset Boulevard and we should be fine - go around.”

“Sunset is the shorter route - “

“Michael, just stop, please, I don’t need this today. I need to go through the lines again, will you just drive please? For once, just listen to me, take the back road, without a lecture”, she interrupted him.

Lately things between them were extremely tense. They had run out of the money they had saved for two years and it was make or break it time. They had vowed that if neither got a role in a commercial, television show or movie in two weeks, then they would find part time jobs. The strain however had added to their already tense relationship.

Where Michael used to be hot, funny and sexy, he had turned into an uninterested, cold and fatherly figure in the worst sense. The responsibility of having to pay rent, utilities and the like had weighed heavily on his shoulders, resulting in an insane pressure for them to succeed. This was her fifth casting for the week, following his third. They watched ruefully as role after role was given to other actors, both established and new.