"Nothing I was just wondering"

"I know you, you don't ever ask questions randomly what are you up to?" I glanced him, we were entering the campus but I was determined to get whatever information out of him.

"Seriously, there's no motive" he laughed.

"Hmm alright"

I quickly parked so we could get inside.

"Hey wait up El!" I turned around to the see the president of the photography club running towards me.

"I saw the work you have been doing for the school newspaper. Would you mind considering joining our club, it would also help us to look less nerdy and lure in more students"

His bright eyes filled his glasses, I didn't know how to say no to such begging eyes but there's no way I could say either. I already had enough on my plate with my after school job at the media house and I was already apart of the newspaper committee.

"There will be a clash in time for me. Your club is the same time as the NC" I stated as I opened my locker swapping a few books.

"Fixed, we can change our date and time" He said eagerly.

"I'll get back to you" I smiled batting my lashes a bit. It may came off as rude but I was done having that conversation.

•••••••••

Today felt like the longest school day I've had all year. I was beyond elated when it ended. I now had to make my way over to the media house to help out in any way that I can.

"Why are you in such a rush to go" I felt a tight grip around my arm, his cold touch was frightening but I knew exactly who it was. "You're always on the go"

"And you're always stopping me" I said yanking my arm away. James eyes sparkled with interest but I had no idea why.

"Did I do something wrong? I thought we were cool. Being new here has been a lot but since our first conversation at my house warming party I thought we were on the path of being friends" He said as his eyes searched mine, probably watching each gesture to detect if what came from my mouth was the truth or not.

I held my head then gave an apologetic stare, "I'm so sorry school has been stressing and my part time job too. I guess I have been doing the most with everyone lately."

"I see, well I'm free after school tomorrow so we should chill" He smiled.

"Chill?" I returned the smile with the hopes of not looking uncomfortable.

"Yea, meet up by Pete's and grab something to eat. My treat of course" He stepped a little closer. Tyler should be around here somewhere, I wish he could just pop up right now.

"Come on, I won't have you for long. We could really get to know each other or would Tyler have a problem I realize you too have been getting pretty close" He said with emphasis on certain words.

"Tyler is just a friend. I'll see you at Pete's at 4" I said fixing my bag strap on my shoulder.

"Great" He gave a wink before walking off.