Chapter 21 - Mommy Mia

Edited

Chapter 21- Mommy Mia

--------

"Okay Mia, the papers are signed and Charlie is now you son by law." The lady told me. I smiled brightly as she handed me the legal documents.

In my opinion, she is a bit overdressed. A black pin skirt and white blouse, bright red lipstick Smokey eye shadow and we can't forget the 20 pound foundation all over her face. Oh and she stinks of way too much perfume. It's a nice one, just a tad bit too much, like I can't breathe. Plus her nails are long and her fingers are like long skinny sticks. Anyway back to her annoying voice.

"Now, run along dear, I have another client." She shoo's me out her office with Charlie holding onto my arm jumping excitedly.

"MOMMY MIA, MOMMY MIA, MOMMY MIA!" He shouts grinning widely at me. His two front teeth are missing and his fringe has fallen in his eyes. Brushing the hair away I pick him up and race out of the building. When we reach the parking lot I put him down and crouch to his level.

"Okay. We are firstly going to go to the orphanage and you can pack your bags then say bye to Olivia. If you want she can come over and play today if you want. Then we can watch some movies, eat popcorn and have a goodnights sleep. Is that good with you Charlie-Bear?" I affirmed.

He nods before jumping into the backseat of the car. I chuckle getting up and walking to the driver's side before getting in and driving the familiar route to the orphanage.

----

"Mary-Anne! How are you?" I bubbled happily, hugging her.

"Oh I'm wonderful! How did everything go today? It's only 10am and your already back." She beamed sweetly hugging back. I think Charlie ran off to find Olivia somewhere.

"It went really well. I have all the papers and things in my bag. I just need to collect Charlie's passports and things from you." I announce following her and walking into her office.

"Well...I have everything ready right here." She drawled out pulling out a folder and handing it to me.

"Thank you Mary-Anne, so much. I don't know where I would be without you." I tell her truthfully.

"Well thank you for helping me out so much. I remember all the times you helped me with the kid's dinner. Remember you're welcome here anytime." I nod and smile as I hear Charlie's and Olivia's voice boom through the house.

"MIA CAN YOU HELP US!" I laugh and say a quick bye to Mary-Anne before running up the stairs to Charlie's room.

"Well, well, well. What have we got here?" I say slowly walking in the room.

"Well, umm, I tried to fold all my clothes but then I couldn't, so Olivia and I went to pack my action figures away but the box fell and yeah..." Charlie trails off. Looking around the room I see action figures all over the floor and clothes in a pile next to the bed where Olivia is sitting.

"You know, you kids are clever. You're both seven but are very intelligent." I admit walking over to the suit case and laying out. I start fold clothes and put them in as Olivia and Charlie gather the action figures and place them in the box.

About an hour and a half later Olivia, Charlie and I have packed up all of Charlie's belongings.

"Well you two get in the car. I'll be there in a second." I instruct Charlie and Olivia. Charlie takes Olivia's hand and they both run out to my car.

"Thank you again Mary-Anne." I repeated hugging her. She hugs back and mumbles a 'you're welcome' into my hair.

I smile at her before heading out the house and walking to my old car. I really need a new ride.