Chapter 4

MIDNIGHT KISSES

CHAPTER IV

*Jared's POV

After spending the whole night thinking about all kinds of things I decided it was time for me to leave my bed, which had become almost useless for the last months. I heard Lauren talking to her little sister and decided to take a cold shower to calm my mind. When I got out of my shower, I turned to look at Lauren's balcony and saw her distinguished eye looking right into my room. I smiled a little but it was a little weird, she never did stuff like that.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and my boxers and put them on in the bathroom and when I got out I put my sneakers on. I ran the towel trough my hair and then threw it to the bathroom. Then I washed my teeth, cleaned my bed and made sure my room looked at least a little decent before I got out to my balcony. I threw a pebble towards her's and leaned in the rail, with my arms crossed. Minutes later she got out and looked amazingly pretty. Her shirt fitted her body perfectly and made her look stunning.

"Hey" I said. 

I looked at her and noticed she was checking making me self conscious that I had no shirt on. I cursed myself internally but at the same time I was glad I didn’t because I knew she had some sort of weakness with toned bodies. When I saw her surprised I smiled and saw her eyes roaming directly to my lips. She had always seen me shirtless and it was normal to her, or so I thought, because she never paid much attention to it until now.

"Hi!" She answered.

"What?" I said smirking.

"Nothing" she said and blushed. Well, that’s different, I said to myself.

"Hey do you know that peeking into other people windows is really creepy right?" I said and winked.

She blushed some more and smiled. "You should buy some curtains. Anyone could have seen you like that and you know how girls are. We are always looking into our hot neighbors windows.”

Did she just call me her “hot neighbor”? Okay definitely something was going on with her. My heart started picking up speed and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Look, my dad needs me to go and buy a new suit, so would you come with me? You know I'm not good at shopping" I said and she giggled with that sweet little laugh of her.

"Sure, I see you in ten" she said and got into her room.

I laughed some more and entered my room too. I grabbed a dark green t-shirt and put it on still thinking of the way she looked at me. When I got downstairs I saw my dad sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for his waffles to be done.

"Morning dad" I said as I grabbed a glass of water and drank it.

"Hi Jared. Want a waffle?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Sure!" I said, and ate it when he handled it to me. "Look I'm going to see some suits with Lauren ok?"

"Ok. Go but be careful. Do you have some money?" I nodded.

"Okay then have fun!" He said sarcastically.

I smiled and walked over to the front door and crossed the lawn to knock on Lauren's house. Her little sister opened the door with a giant smile, apparently unaware of what had happened last night. Of course she didn't know she was just 7 years old. In fact, I was the only person near that knew what had really happened. Last night seemed so distant but it was real and I knew something bad was approaching, something I had been trying to avoid since I came here.

"Jared!" She shouted and jumped in my arms, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Megan!" I said as I placed her down on the floor. "Is your sister around?"

"Yup, she is upstairs." She hopped towards the stairs and yelled "LAAAUUUUREEEEEEN! JARED IS DOWN HERE!”

I heard Lauren coming down the stairs and she walked to the door.

 "Thanks sweetie, I see you in a while" she said to Megan with a smile and kissed her hair.

“Okay,” she said a little annoyed but turned to smile at me. I smiled back at her and then we got outside.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Totally!" She said with a smile.

We walked towards my car when she held my arm and said. "Can we walk to the mall? This is a really good day and the mall is  just a few blocks away"

"Sure" I answered and started walking.

Minutes later we were entering the mall and once I opened the door for her, a wave of freezing air came upon us giving me chills. My face snapped to the ceiling of the mall and suddenly I had a very bad feeling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment, vote and fan! :)